An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Mar 19, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #2,251 of 9,499
Here's more subtle:

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #2,252 of 9,499
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/18/nurburgring-for-sale-yours-for-only-165-million/ Magick You need to buy this and keep it open to the public...... You would be like Batman, with out the cloak and married with a child............ 
wink.gif

But seriously whoever bought this needs to keep it open or else I would never be able to drive in it 
frown.gif
 there goes my lifelong dream.

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #2,253 of 9,499
Quote:
Here's more subtle:

That's not bad.  But seriously, as long as you don't lose your mind and do stupid schiit like this we're good:

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #2,254 of 9,499
Quote:

That's not bad.  But seriously, as long as you don't lose your mind and do stupid schiit like this we're good:

And no General Lee paint scheme either! lol

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #2,255 of 9,499
Also, no.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #2,256 of 9,499
Out of context, their methods do seem draconian, however the amount of freedoms you're given with the facilities is unmatched with any other location I've seen (try going to VIR and just asking them if you can rent their track for a day). :wink: You'd really have to meet them. I encounter a lot of d-bags at different "events" in the city (college boosters are some of the worst) and these guys just want to make sure you're going to be responsible and take a respectful attitude towards property ownership. While part of that is taken care of with the background and credit checks, and whatever else they looked up, getting to know me takes time (I still don't fully know my own business partner, or wife, for that matter), hence the 6 month probationary period. From what I've seen, these individuals are quite trusting, comparatively, swapping cars for the weekend, or just outright letting another member borrow a car for a while. It's not just the very wealthy who join, either, some are business professionals who make real financial sacrifices to be there because they have a deep passion for motorsport.

Sure, there's some GOB action going on, I won't deny that, however the benefits, and opportunity to get acquainted with other petrolheads, outweigh those, IMO. One reason I sort of give the board members the benefit of some doubt is because they're fellow Masons, and craft brothers do a good job of looking out for each other, as a rule.

Also, as I said, it's not just an oval, there's a really nice tarmac road course too, as well as the car events and the club lounge (also includes tennis courts and a complimentary membership to their local golf course).

That makes sense to an extent, and I'm sure a lot of their more outrageous seeming rules are the result of someone taking advantage in the past; more than any sort of intentional malice. Still...

Also, I've never said I have issues with the GOB system. :wink:

I am traveling and my rental car this time is a Chevy Impala. First the good: the engine makes a very satisfying growl. Now the bad: I *hate* the interior. I have never had so much trouble finding a comfortable driving position. The seat is horrible. No support, too soft and it has both manual and electric controls. Recline is manual, front to back is electric - and the rest are a confusing mixture. The steering wheel is too high on the lowest setting. The a/c is either too cold or anemic and if I set it to blow at the windshield, it disable the a/c. I hate it!

Remember like a few months ago when I was given a modern Chevy as a rental, and was hyper-scathing about it? Okay. Just as long as you remember.

And yes, they do suck. A lot. :angry_face:

Here's more subtle:

What about moving it to the C pillar?

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #2,257 of 9,499
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/18/nurburgring-for-sale-yours-for-only-165-million/ Magick You need to buy this and keep it open to the public...... You would be like Batman, with out the cloak and married with a child............ 
wink.gif

Sorry, I'm about $130M light for that, it's a little out of my ballpark.

Nah, I'm still not sure, but I'll come up with something. Oh, the second image is a car actually painted by Lamborghini before the Aventador was released, to cover up cosmetic details of the car while they were testing it in public.

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #2,258 of 9,499

I'll try that too.

Somewhere, Barbie is filling out a stolen car report. :D

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #2,259 of 9,499
So - second day with the Impala and....

...I still hate it.

However, I do hate it less - but I think that has more to do with the two margaritas I had with dinner than the with the Impala. Olé!

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #2,260 of 9,499
So - second day with the Impala and....

...I still hate it.

However, I do hate it less - but I think that has more to do with the two margaritas I had with dinner than the with the Impala. Olé!

Understandable, that's a horrible car. Really does scream "vanilla crap-mobile" more than just about anything else on the road. Tell me it isn't grey (beige would be worse).

Okay, Lambo stripe sample #3:

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #2,262 of 9,499
Quote:
Quote:
Here's more subtle:

I dunno, might be a bit too much...

Quote:
Quote:
Also, no.

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Magick Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Somewhere, Barbie is filling out a stolen car report.
biggrin.gif

That car is begging to be a prop in a Sacha Baron Cohen movie.

Quote:
Sorry, I'm about $130M light for that, it's a little out of my ballpark.

What if the entire track club pitched in for it?

Quote:
So - second day with the Impala and... I still hate it.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Quote:
Okay, Lambo stripe sample #3:

Please don't do that. 
frown.gif

Mar 20, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #2,264 of 9,499

Users who are viewing this thread

Back