An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Feb 26, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #2,011 of 9,499
What cracks me up about that Countach is that it is not just white - it is WHITE! That interior looks like it was used as the stage set for the TV show Space: 1999.

Groovy Baby!

Not bad for 27 years old, either. One guy asked, "So they still build those, huh?" I told him, "nah, it's a 1986 model". He just stared at me in disbelief. I've already applied for `86-style antique plates.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #2,013 of 9,499
Quote:
It's fun. Remember that word? Fun? With new supercars gliding with the tranquility of a Rolls (the MP4), and a fit and finish to match (the 458), new enthusiasts will likely never know what it is to climb into a Mad Bull, feeling that there's a real possibility that the thing has a mind of its own and is trying to hurt them. More's the pity on that, because it's part of understanding where the cultural phenomenon came from. To quote B.B. King, "the thrill is gone", or at least it's hard to reach, with all the gadgets and electronic nannies, and the car hobby in many ways is poorer for them. Also, there's flare and swagger, an identity and look that causes the public to stop everything they're doing to have a gander. I filled up at the local station and everyone cleared out of the place, even the cashier, just to walk around it and take in the iconic shape. Shamefully, I have to admit that I may have caused a small fender-bender, when a driver was too busy watching Toro Bello go roaring by, and he bumped the car in front of him. It made me feel bad. Well, just a little.
wink.gif

After all these years, I still can't help but stare....such a captivating design!

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #2,014 of 9,499
I know. I have cars that are a lot more expensive, but none others that leave me so gob-smacked. The one I had a poster of as a teenager was a 5000QV, white w/ white interior. Hah, it's doubtful, but it very well could be the same one. :blink:

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #2,015 of 9,499
IMO, if you go for a lambo, it should  be lime green. I saw one one drive through our sleepy Cotswold village once, and it looked so.... right. But I'll accept a yellow one as last resort (having a pretty girl alongside helps too):
2013-lamborghini-gallardo-paris-1348747191.jpg

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #2,016 of 9,499
I'm not thrilled over the Gallardo, never have been. The big, crazy Lambos are where it's at. Really looking forward to when the Aventador is restored (if it ever is, at this rate). :xf_eek:

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #2,017 of 9,499
The lime green one was one of the big uns. I'm not sure of the model, but rather Countach like. All I remember was that it made an awful lot of noise for something that was doing about 10mph. I think the driver was dying to give it full throttle, but you just can't go much faster without running over the Japanese tourists, who somehow feel it's OK to stroll in the middle of the road. Presumably they think the village is a theme park. 

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #2,018 of 9,499
The lime green one was one of the big uns. I'm not sure of the model, but rather Countach like. All I remember was that it made an awful lot of noise for something that was doing about 10mph. I think the driver was dying to give it full throttle, but you just can't go much faster without running over the Japanese tourists, who somehow feel it's OK to stroll in the middle of the road. Presumably they think the village is a theme park. 

Preach on, brother. We border a resort town, Gatlinburg, TN., and it's the same. Foreign folks leisurely strolling down the street, not a care in the world, with 30 cars behind them creeping along at 5mph. It's against city ordinance, but I give them a short honk, to wake them up. It often makes them jump out of their skins. :D Serves them right, inconsiderate sods.

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #2,019 of 9,499
Talking about big lambos, when I was a quite little, I always dream of seeing a big Lambo (Countach, Diablo, Murcielago, Aventador) in real life. They seem always hidden in Europe and never taken out. Now that I've been living in Jakarta for a while, I have seen a red Countach, an orange Murcielago SV, god knows how many Gallardos , and 2 Aventadors in the same place! Like this:

Note the plate 
regular_smile .gif

Note quite what I expected.

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,020 of 9,499
I believe the 365 GTC/4 is sold, guy is coming back tomorrow after talking things over with his girlfriend. Also have a new project car arriving tomorrow.

Don't panic. I'm not interested in a DB7, we only want some of the car. :wink: The interior is immaculate, so we're keeping that, and the frame, drivetrain, gas tank, and a good bit of the electronics and other mechanicals... and it's going into building this:

It's called a DB4 Zagato Evocation, a body kit for a DB7 Vantage to convert it into a modern representation of a DB4 Zagato. That may be one of the 3 most gorgeous cars I've ever seen. :eek:

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #2,021 of 9,499
Talking about big lambos, when I was a quite little, I always dream of seeing a big Lambo (Countach, Diablo, Murcielago, Aventador) in real life. They seem always hidden in Europe and never taken out. Now that I've been living in Jakarta for a while, I have seen a red Countach, an orange Murcielago SV, god knows how many Gallardos , and 2 Aventadors in the same place! Like this:

Jakarta has a pretty large car collector/enthusiast "community", a lot more impressive than my area in Tennessee. We do have some valuable collections around here, but they don't leave their garages. The cars just sit and do nothing but appreciate in value, which is a damned shame, because great cars should be driven, not hoarded.

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #2,022 of 9,499
Quote:
I believe the 365 GTC/4 is sold, guy is coming back tomorrow after talking things over with his girlfriend. Also have a new project car arriving tomorrow.

Don't panic. I'm not interested in a DB7, we only want some of the car.
wink.gif
The interior is immaculate, so we're keeping that, and the frame, drivetrain, gas tank, and a good bit of the electronics and other mechanicals... and it's going into building this:

It's called a DB4 Zagato Evocation, a body kit for a DB7 Vantage to convert it into a modern representation of a DB4 Zagato. That may be one of the 3 most gorgeous cars I've ever seen.
eek.gif

That's a stunner!

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #2,023 of 9,499
Quote:

It's called a DB4 Zagato Evocation, a body kit for a DB7 Vantage to convert it into a modern representation of a DB4 Zagato. That may be one of the 3 most gorgeous cars I've ever seen.
eek.gif

OMG you are not kidding.  That is beautiful on a whole other level of beautiful! 

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #2,025 of 9,499

Users who are viewing this thread

Back