An Absolutely Amazing Headphone Album! - Head-Fi TV, Episode 006
Jun 2, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #76 of 121
Binaural is great but when I bought the high res version of this I felt like I was in a drunk mans basement its cool technology I just wish that there was actually music on it

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #79 of 121
Wow! I was not expecting that at all!! I'm listening through a terrible pair of Sennheiser CX-500s and I could feel the music coming at me from all angles and distances. I was sceptical at first but that's amazing. Hopefully this will be the recordings of the future! 

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #80 of 121
Wow! I was not expecting that at all!! I'm listening through a terrible pair of Sennheiser CX-500s and I could feel the music coming at me from all angles and distances. I was sceptical at first but that's amazing. Hopefully this will be the recordings of the future! 

thats not music its banging

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #81 of 121
Well I think that depends on a specific definition of what is music? I was referring to listening through the album preview in case you though that I meant the backing track on the video? 

Jun 8, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #84 of 121

Quote:
Fair enough I guess, I'm not saying I'd sit down and listen to this. But it is amazing what can be achieved in terms of the recording. 

Binaural recording has been there for years ... congrats, you just re-discovered it!

o2smile.gif

Jun 10, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #85 of 121
Yup, I had to physically move my head to see where the sound was coming from, and this was without a headphone amp! I can't wait to try it with my headphone amp on as well!

Jun 12, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #86 of 121
just bought it

Jun 22, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #87 of 121

Quote:
Am I the only one who thought the loud hissing was detracting?

Didn't notice any hissing from the tracks downloaded from HDTracks(176/24). Maybe you or your player is resampling it down or up. I resampled those with GoldWave to 96/24 to match my xonar essence stx. Any of you listened to this used Ultrasone PRO headphones? I did a brief listening to this album and didn't quite get there in terms of sound imaging. Maybe it is me not paying attention or the Ultrasones S-Logic is making the sound more different(surround) that this recording supposed to sound. I am also using two LME49720NA opamps in xonar which tends to give more space.

Jun 22, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #89 of 121
The best way to listen to binaural is to use a pair of IEMs rather than full size phones or s logic ultrasone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back