An Absolutely Amazing Headphone Album! - Head-Fi TV, Episode 006
May 22, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #61 of 121
Loving this album, got the high res version. It sounds pretty good with my HD650 and Superlux HD681 but absolutely amazing with my HE-6. This is the most realistic recreation of drums I've ever heard. When I close my eyes I'm really feel I'm in the studio. 

It's pretty wild, with the HE-6 at the track phrases at 1.57 I can literally feel the air from the voice hitting my right ear. At moderate volume level. Never tried that before. 

Thanks for doing the video Jude, I never got around to buy the album when I read your other article talking about this album, but I got it right after watching the video. 

I hope we will see more binaural albums with different genres. And please keep the videos coming :)

May 22, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #62 of 121
Its definetely the best example of binaural music Ive heard.

But the music itself is garbage. Sounds like a kid mucking around with the drum set. Its not an example of good music.

I would love to hear a proper composition. Even a Beethoven symphony or something.

May 22, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #64 of 121
I have not been on in the last 5-6 day's, Jude awesome video and review as alway's. I'll defenitely check out the site and take a real good listen and take it from there!

May 23, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #65 of 121

Quote:
This album is great.

The video is good, too.  When the percussion first comes in it made me think something was happening down the hall.  Really cool stuff.

HAHA.. damn this album is the best recordings i ever listened to..

i had the same reaction as u.. when the percussion comes in during the video.. i turned around and thought who was making the noise.. LOL.. it took me awhile to realise that it was from the video...

May 24, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #67 of 121
Another triumph from Jude!

Excellent work. I view Jude as a pioneer of sound and he amazes me. I happen to love percussion music and I think this kind of technology is very important. I love this kind of stuff. It's experimental and beautiful and it also touches the human soul. I hope this kind of stuff catches on with enough people. I will buy it and support this kind of music and technology.

May 24, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #68 of 121
Well this really sucks, I've just set up an account with HDTracks and got kicked in the teeth when I got a message that the site sells only to U.S. residents only and I'm in Canada
mad.gif
. So much for enjoying something new, anyone else out there having the same problem and is there a work around?

May 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #69 of 121
there we go. that is what i expected high end audio to sound like. we need binaural metal.

May 25, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #70 of 121
Uhmm... bought it but not very happy with my purchase.
Even if it´s not cheap to record this kind of binaural stuff.. People achieved more with probably less equipments on the technical side of recording binaural audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecOrBqQAuXg

This example is better than the whole Chesky cd in my opinion! (Not sound quality wise, but binaural/music.)

Anyway, hopefully our help (money) supporting this will make Chesky want to record a real album next time.

May 25, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #71 of 121
Well this really sucks, I've just set up an account with HDTracks and got kicked in the teeth when I got a message that the site sells only to U.S. residents only and I'm in Canada
mad.gif
. So much for enjoying something new, anyone else out there having the same problem and is there a work around?

I had the same problem earlier in the thread. I had missed the option to pay via paypal. It's lower down on the page right before the page where you enter your credit card information. Through paypal you should be able to use your credit card, too, if you choose.

May 26, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #72 of 121

Quote:
Uhmm... bought it but not very happy with my purchase.

x2.i dont like it.
although the clarity and accuracy are amazing,it doesnt do it for me when it come to musicality.its not complex as someone else said and IMO most of the tracks are not coherent together.'one track that i found pretty bad was the phrases one.
also and i dont know if it is just me or my hearing or my jh13,but all the tracks are heavily dependent on the left side/ear and the right one get little played through it which makes it pretty distracting.

i dont regret it,its a new thing and pretty amazing especially in clarity.i hope to see more advanced stuff recordings of it especially with some feminine singer in the mix.

May 27, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #73 of 121
The recordings are wonderful! Guess I'll pickup atleast one or two tracks (starving student!)
If anybody is looking for something light I would recommend http://jaxov.com/2009/09/top-10-binaural-recordings-auditory-illusions/ 
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #74 of 121

Quote:

I had the same problem earlier in the thread. I had missed the option to pay via paypal. It's lower down on the page right before the page where you enter your credit card information. Through paypal you should be able to use your credit card, too, if you choose.

Ok did what you suggested and it's downloading as I type this out. Thanks man
L3000.gif

May 30, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #75 of 121
Pretty cool. I wonder in that whispering track, I think it was phrases, what would happen if while they were whispering they walked in circles around the binaural dummy head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back