An Absolutely Amazing Headphone Album! - Head-Fi TV, Episode 006
May 19, 2011 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 121

TIP:  Make sure to watch this video with headphones on.  You'll understand why a few minutes in.

Episode 006 of Head-Fi TV was just uploaded.  This episode is about one of the most--if not the most--impressive album I've heard for headphone listening, especially in terms of imaging.  It was made for the Head-Fi community by David Chesky and Chesky Records.

(You also get a bit of a sneak listen in the video, as we used one of the tracks in the background.)

Check it out at the following link (there are sample clips to listen to there):

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=artistdetail&id=9541

If you like what you hear, use the limited-time code headfiPercussion to get 20% off this album.  Sales from this album will help make possible future binaural recordings from Chesky Records, so please support the effort, if you like what you hear!

You can read more about the album here.

Head-Fi TV Episode 006 produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org

May 19, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 121
Hi Jude,
Awesome as usual! But in 720p video on youtube.com, your voice does not synchronize well with the video. This is just fyi.

Thanks for making incredibly dumb people like me to understand and explore the horizons of head-fi.

Sai

May 19, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 121
I really hope I'm not the only one who jumped and paused the video when I noticed drums being played six metres away from my left ear...
I'm surprised you didn't comission a piece of binaural music to use for HFTV, in fact. I guess it's not really worth it for the difficulty involved, but it'd be damn cool.

I saw you tweet about those monstrous-looking black thingies. Are you going to do an episode on them, or do you just enjoy leaving exclusive headphones around to taunt us with?
tongue.gif

Anyway, another great episode.

May 19, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 121
I quite like headphone imaging and the "in the brain" thing. Sort of how I imagine slapping a USB cable in your head would be.
Saying that, i'm downloading this album just for a change in scope :) Let's have more binaural!

May 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #8 of 121
Very cool Jude.  Thanks for the intro to this recording.

May 19, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #10 of 121
This album sounds AMAZING even straight of my macbook with a PortaPro.

Makes you think just how critical the recording is.

It definitely is the weakest and most important link in your rig. 

Edit: Great video as per usual Jude!

May 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #15 of 121
WOW. Bad side is now I want everything to sound like that..or is that good?
I am using IEMs right now, I can't wait to buy this and try it when I finally get my new cans, whenever I decide which ones to get, that is and listen to this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back