Amplify's Headphone Ranking & Discussion (Ranking in First Post)
Jun 6, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #391 of 587
I used to have an Oppo Sonica DAC. For the price unbeatable products.

Too Bad Oppo doesn't produce hifi electronics anymore
indeed! I dare say the Oppo PM3 is overpriced now that it is rare and prices gone up, but I still use a modified Drop Panda for my tv viewing and really would likely have gone for their other offerings for speakers if they were around.... very good company if you love ESS SABRE DAC's like a do, which are now much more common after the AKM fire I guess, but just about everything they make is refreshingly practical even for todays age... I mean a remote, and bluetooth, and love the self turning knob when you change volume and auto adjust when you change gain to not blow your ears out...

One can hope they start making HiFi again one day....

Jun 10, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #392 of 587
My latest piece. Covering e-stats and some DACs I absolutely love.

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/bangkok-trip-report-final-part-r1115/

IMG_2215.JPEG

Jun 10, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #393 of 587
Jun 10, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #395 of 587
Hey @Sajid Amit do you have any expectations on reviewing the DCA Stealth? I’d be curious to hear your take seeing as we both seem to love Utopia as best all arounder.

Jun 11, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #397 of 587
Jun 11, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #399 of 587
Sir i think you need a new ranking list for 2022. Please update. Ranking is enough no need for full review :beerchug::beyersmile::L3000:
Rankings I find increasingly difficult to do.

I think rankings based on subjective technical performance is easier. As subjective as they are from the outset, I feel like most people agree that let's say an SR009S is more resolving than a Utopia. This is just going by time on HeadFi threads.

Rankings based on tonality, although reviewers call them an objective criteria, I find harder, because if you rank according to let's say adherence to Harman targets, that doesn't work, because then you have a 1266 which doesn't adhere to any target curve but gives its owners countless hours of pleasure.

Rankings based purely on personal enjoyment are the easiest but I don't see these rankings anywhere, and as subjective as they are, they can be fun.

And lastly, I am thinking of putting together a recommended components list. That would be fun, albeit time-consuming, lol.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #400 of 587
Rankings I find increasingly difficult to do.

I think rankings based on subjective technical performance is easier. As subjective as they are from the outset, I feel like most people agree that let's say an SR009S is more resolving than a Utopia. This is just going by time on HeadFi threads.

Rankings based on tonality, although reviewers call them an objective criteria, I find harder, because if you rank according to let's say adhere to Harman targets, that doesn't work, because then you have a 1266 which doesn't adhere to any target curve but gives its owners countless hours of pleasure.

Rankings based purely on personal enjoyment are the easiest, but I don't see these rankings anywhere, and as subjective as they are, they can be fun.

And lastly, I am thinking of putting together a recommended components list. That would be fun, albeit time-consuming, lol.
i think is better to say "current" personal favorite list compared to "best" list :o2smile: Please tell us your current top 5 favorite.

Jun 12, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #401 of 587
i think is better to say "current" personal favorite list compared to "best" list :o2smile: Please tell us your current top 5 favorite.
My current top three are TC, Utopia and the Verite Closed. I love each for what each brings to the table. The VC also gets major points also because its a closed back, which I increasingly need.

Jun 13, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #405 of 587
My current top three are TC, Utopia and the Verite Closed. I love each for what each brings to the table. The VC also gets major points also because its a closed back, which I increasingly need.
utopia and verite better than susvara and sr1a...good lord lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back