Amping Sennheiser HD 650
Sep 30, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #17 of 33
Think of it this way. The HD650 is a very well regarded headphone. If you don't consider it an upgrade, you don't have to upgrade 
wink.gif

And your amp is fine.

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #18 of 33
my friend got an hd650 and he uses it with e11 all the time and once i lsn to it the sound is so sweet really ,then he upgraded to a home amp which is a combo between e9 and e7 and the sound is much better !  yah its noticeable ,  and finally he sold all and got a tube amp that make the hd650 goes another level in my opinion , so in any level you go with the amp u will notice a difference a good one but that wont make those cans bad even with the e7 alone 

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #19 of 33
Okay, yeah, I get it.

I will go ahead and buy these cans.

I believe my e11 will be more than enough to power them.

I do have the 515's and like I said it's the best I've ever had, considering I know they are regarded as throwaways in the Sennheiser family I can go ahead and assume that the HD650 will be god-like.

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #21 of 33
I believe it is too.

And maybe one day I will upgrade my portable amp, but I highly doubt it, I love my e11, so sleek, so just cool ya know, I love it.

Btw I do have a lot of music at 1000 + bit rate, so my audio quality will be even better.

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #24 of 33
I would also say get a desktop amp like an E9 or better. i have the E7/E9 combo and imo the difference between a portable and dedicated wall powered amp is very noticeable . The E7 powers the denons just fine, but it doesn't sound that great. bass and treble are bloated and loose. Ok for portable use. with the E9, everything tightens up and the denon's really begin to sing. i also plan to get a senn 650 soon and in retrospect wish i'd bought a better amp. sufficiently powering the phones is not the answer one wants, but bringing out the best in them.

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #25 of 33
Strange that the E9 would actually tighten the Denon up, because it has high output impedance that's going to bloat the sub-bass a little.

I wish someone could actually explain why an amp "brings out the best in" a headphone if it's not related to volume.

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #27 of 33
If you're anything like me, the HD650s will be nothing short of revolutionary.  :)  Of course, your wallet probably won't like that...  Enjoy your new headphones!

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #28 of 33
Okay so I will be getting my money this thurday but instead of getting the HD 650's I think I'm gonna go with the Denon D2000.

What do you guys think about using the fiio e11 with the Denon D2000, and since they are low ohms, should I use low gain on my amp.

Thanks guys.

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #29 of 33

Agreed. My 650's are exactly what I wanted - silky smooth, a little warm, not too bright, and clean, clear bass, not boomy. Of course the TTJV Slim amp helps with that too, but I gotta say, I love my Senns!

Quote:
If you're anything like me, the HD650s will be nothing short of revolutionary.  :)  Of course, your wallet probably won't like that...  Enjoy your new headphones!

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #30 of 33
i will never get rid of my hd 650s, love them. they really do respond well to upgrades too, i remember having my little portable amp on them and thinking they where amazing, then i put them onto a decent soundcard and they improved once again, then i got a headphone amp and it took them to a totally different level, finally, i kept upgrading parts and i can truly say the hd 650s are capable of much more than people think, they respond really well to upgrading and are a great all rounder. definitely worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back