Amping Senn HD201
Jan 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JoeLaad

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, this will be my first post so go easy on me :p

I currently own the HD201s, and while they sound good enough for me, they are a little quiet. This is a problem as I will be flying from the UK to New York in a month or so, and I don't think I will be able to hear my music of the plane engine. I have no intention of changing the headphone, but will an amp such as the Fiio E6 allow me to get a bit extra volume? Also, does the E6 act as a DAC as well? If so, I will need some advice on an LOD that will fit my Galaxy S2.

Thanks guys, any advice will be much appreciated :wink:

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Hello guys, this will be my first post so go easy on me :p

I currently own the HD201s, and while they sound good enough for me, they are a little quiet. This is a problem as I will be flying from the UK to New York in a month or so, and I don't think I will be able to hear my music of the plane engine. I have no intention of changing the headphone, but will an amp such as the Fiio E6 allow me to get a bit extra volume? Also, does the E6 act as a DAC as well? If so, I will need some advice on an LOD that will fit my Galaxy S2.

Thanks guys, any advice will be much appreciated :wink:

The E6 would give you the volume the HD201's need for normal listening, but I've never been in a plane so I can't speak to that environment. You should consider other headphones in addition to or instead of the amp  though. I had the 201's a while back, and I went the amp route, and it was OK for a while.....but really, saving the amp money towards a headphone upgrade would have been a better choice for me back then. You know what they say about hindsight though....
wink_face.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Ty very much for the advice. I dont really think I need a whole new pair of headphones - i rarely get to use them as it is, so spending quite a bit on headphones probably wont be very smart. Btw, do you know of an LOD that will connect to a Galaxy S2 (micro-usb port)?

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Ty very much for the advice. I dont really think I need a whole new pair of headphones - i rarely get to use them as it is, so spending quite a bit on headphones probably wont be very smart. Btw, do you know of an LOD that will connect to a Galaxy S2 (micro-usb port)?

I've never heard of any LOD for a micro-USB for any player......sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back