AMP3 in-depth review (long)
Aug 31, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #46 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so what Design Circuit did other DAPs use? (cowon, ipod, creative, samsung, etc)

The most of the rest DAP applying the integrated class D amplifier. This is the main reason why a lot of DAPs can provide a very high definition sound but the sound quality is not hi fi. ( no musical taste).

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #47 of 152
Just now have posted an post on the foam of PAA1 which is critical parts at other AMP3 thread. I found that AMP3 is really a perfect systemic design, which every segments can compensate each other. Now I understand that why AMP3 don't provide EQ, don't provide rolling opamp. even in order to keep it's standard sound quality, Hisoundaudio have to provide the hi fi earphone and don't care about the cost increased.

I appreciate the designing conception of hisoundaudio who is really serious on sound quality designing conception.

Sep 1, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #48 of 152
wah i really can't believe it at first considering AMP3 is china made(no offence but u know how is the rep of china's product). I guess this one is a different class.

anyway is it really much better compared to sony nwz? or ipod? I mean in terms of sound quality. I don't care about the UI, or anything else. I just want sound quality

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #51 of 152
I think Yuin ear buds are also designed and made in China and assumed to be the best available buds, so thinking on poor Chinese quality is a thing of the past, either the west will wake up and start to produce better goods at a better price or China will leave them far behind!!
"Let China sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world." Napoleon

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #53 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulsanman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Yuin ear buds are also designed and made in China and assumed to be the best available buds, so thinking on poor Chinese quality is a thing of the past
Napoleon

And Ultimate Ears are made in the USA. Talking about the best sounding earbuds is like having a beauty contest for pigs.

For full size headphones, 2 of the top brands are German and one (Grado) is American.

And the quality of optical computer drives has gotten so bad that I have to buy a vintage Plexwriter Premium (from back when Plextor drives weren't made in China) off ebay to rip my CDs securely.

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #54 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnewhous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Putting a class A amplifier on a portable audio device is a dumb idea.

I'll be impressed when someone puts a Universal Class D amplifier on a PMP.

Uh, what? How is that contributing to anything in this thread?

And I take it you own an AMP3, so you know from first hand experience that putting a class A amp that can play for 100 hours and sounds nothing short of amazing compared to other DAPs is a dumb idea.

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #55 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can play for 100 hours

I know something about electronics. Class A amps are highly inefficient. Has anyone tested that playing time? The size of that Li-Ion battery will have an effect.

Heat is another issue. Class A amps for home theater have big heatsinks. How is the temperature after 100 hours of play? How would it handle outdoors use in Florida in the summer?

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #56 of 152
I guess you don't know enough! Yes, the 100 hours has been tested. In the other AMP3 thread a member gets 3 days from the AMP3 at a 20 volume, and the 100 hours is rated at a 6 volume. I am listening at a 3 volume right now.

And I have my Fuze resting on my AMP3 which is resting on my desk. The AMP3 has been on for 3 hours and is cool to the touch.

And since I don't live in FL, I can't tell you, but I am sure others can.

If you don't like it, either buy one to test it out or just move on to another thread with another DAP/PMP that you do like.

Sep 1, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #57 of 152
You have half are correct. Yes, Class A amp are inefficient also it it need a big heatsink. This is in theory knowledge. But there are always have some creative company make the technology progress. You may realize how bigger the cellphone in twenty years ago. And it is the truth, 10 years ago the memory of MP3 player is 128 MB memory,not it can be more than 300GB.

Hisoundaudio has created their private techology of EMA ( energy management and admeasurement.). This is why they can make use of very bit of the power. than it is efficient. and that's why it have low heat radiating.

If some one doubt the existing class A amp, you can have a sample to test it's battery playing time and heat level by yourself and post your testing result, it is more reasonable than suspection.

Truth come from reality not from arguing.

Sep 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #58 of 152
Quote:

And Ultimate Ears are made in the USA. Talking about the best sounding earbuds is like having a beauty contest for pigs.

For full size headphones, 2 of the top brands are German and one (Grado) is American.

And the quality of optical computer drives has gotten so bad that I have to buy a vintage Plexwriter Premium (from back when Plextor drives weren't made in China) off ebay to rip my CDs securely.

Is this some sort of put on? I love my Grados, but saying they are one of the top two brands is really not very useful, because plenty of HFers will tell you that you are dead wrong.

You comment about Chinese-made audio products is even less relevant.

And the fact that UEs are made in the USA means exactly what?

As average_joe says, those comments add little to any discussion of the Amp3 or the PAA-1 buds.

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #59 of 152
Quote:

Which are the 2 top German brands?

Also, what do you think about Stax and Sony--is any of them a top brand for full size headphones?

Just out of curiosity.

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #60 of 152
Quote:

Putting a class A amplifier on a portable audio device is a dumb idea.

I'll be impressed when someone puts a Universal Class D amplifier on a PMP.

I would like to hisoundaudio designer is quite clever, class A circuit is very low power consumption and efficient, this illusion makes any person unable to Class A circuits and power of the DAP as much as possible linked, However, we will understand a little think about, DAP is not home of the class A AMP require tens of watts or even hundreds of watts of power, the need to cope with a large heat sink that the static current of up to 2A, a DAP is needed is a few dozen mA of drive current is enough to push too loud of an earphone, let alone hi-fi audio quality, rather than pay attention to only the sound pressure of the machine operating point accurate grasp of the need for experience in order to get a good sound quality. So I guess hisoundaudio designers certainly are good at reverse-thinking and have a wealth of class A amp manufacturing and service experience,bto obtain such a perfect sound quality above is very difficult, at least, than the high-power A Class power amplifier much more difficult.
to be sure that the use of Class A amplifier circuit innate characteristics of warm thick to solve the digital product chilled thin voice, hisoundaudio indeed the product DAP world of music-loving people created an unprecedented initiative, AMP3 created the perfect musical experience, will become the voice of a new DAP standards, but I also believe that the future there will be more and more powerful manufacturers added to the competitive landscape.
Recall that in head-fi there is a long time ago to explore the digital products have been away from music is a step by step toward death, but now we see an interesting game has only just begun, we fervently hope to see more brand More excellent product.Taiwan has a lot of audio brand, R & D capability is also very good, I also expect them to be able to introduce this outstanding product, if it is then I would feel very proud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back