Amp with subwoofer output?
Nov 3, 2017 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tmorterlaing

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all!

THE SIMPLE VERSION:
Can someone recommend an amp less than about £300 which has a dedicated subwoofer output?

Slightly longer version:
I have a set of Joey Roth speakers and subwoofer. The amplifier is broken though, so I need one which has a dedicated subwoofer output. AFAIK the subwoofer doesn't have an in built filter or anything, so that would actually need to be done in the amp. (This is the current setup - the amp that the sub sits on isn't outputting anything to the subwoofer, only the speakers).http://joeyroth.com/ceramicspeakers/

Any response would be very appreciated!

Nov 4, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #2 of 2
THE SIMPLE VERSION: Can someone recommend an amp less than about £300 which has a dedicated subwoofer output?

Slightly longer version:
I have a set of Joey Roth speakers and subwoofer. The amplifier is broken though, so I need one which has a dedicated subwoofer output. AFAIK the subwoofer doesn't have an in built filter or anything, so that would actually need to be done in the amp. (This is the current setup - the amp that the sub sits on isn't outputting anything to the subwoofer, only the speakers).http://joeyroth.com/ceramicspeakers/

Any response would be very appreciated!

The only amps that have stereo output, subwoofer amplifier, and crossovers all built in are 3ch or 4ch (bridge Ch 3 and 4) car audio amplifiers. Any home audio gear you can find even above that price point will just have a sub preamp output, and maybe variable low pass filter settings, but not built in amplifier stage.

The only home audio amp I know that has 2.1 channels of amplification is that Dayton plate amp that's supposed to go into a subwoofer and then you can power satellites off of it, for those who want to build something that wires up like a computer 2.1 speaker, but with better, bigger drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back