Amp with subwoofer output?

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by tmorterlaing, Nov 3, 2017.
  1. tmorterlaing
    Hey all!

Can someone recommend an amp less than about £300 which has a dedicated subwoofer output?

Slightly longer version:
    I have a set of Joey Roth speakers and subwoofer. The amplifier is broken though, so I need one which has a dedicated subwoofer output. AFAIK the subwoofer doesn't have an in built filter or anything, so that would actually need to be done in the amp. (This is the current setup - the amp that the sub sits on isn't outputting anything to the subwoofer, only the speakers).

Any response would be very appreciated!
  2. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    The only amps that have stereo output, subwoofer amplifier, and crossovers all built in are 3ch or 4ch (bridge Ch 3 and 4) car audio amplifiers. Any home audio gear you can find even above that price point will just have a sub preamp output, and maybe variable low pass filter settings, but not built in amplifier stage.

The only home audio amp I know that has 2.1 channels of amplification is that Dayton plate amp that's supposed to go into a subwoofer and then you can power satellites off of it, for those who want to build something that wires up like a computer 2.1 speaker, but with better, bigger drivers.