Amp to pair with AKG K601s (& increase bass?)
Dec 19, 2010 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DuxR

Head-Fier
I love my AKG K601's, but the only thing I would change is that I wish they had slightly more bass impact. I'm not a basshead by any means, but I feel they really are lacking in this department with my current amp (some cheap Sony AV receiver). 

I'm looking at getting a dedicated headphone amp for them which will probably be connected to my PC's sound card (an Asus Xonar DX) most of the time, and that will pair well with the AKG's. I don't really want to drop a load of money on it though, probably around $300 max. I don't really know where to start though, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
You might want to consider the M^3. It can be built with a variable bass control.

^This.  a wonderful combo, but you will have to stretch your budget a little to get one built.  also, if the K601 pads are new, give them some time to soften up as this will help increase the bass.

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #4 of 4
I actually didnt mind the bass impact on the 601 - it takes a little getting used to, but its definitely there. I would take Uncle Erik's advice and invest in something with plenty of cojones - I didnt, and that meant selling several pairs of headphones. C'est La Vie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back