AMP/DAC to run 24 ohm headphones
Jul 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pichu

500+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I have the Sony MBR XB700. Has a very low impendance of 24 ohm's. By my knowloedge, the lower the ohms the harder it is to actually make use of the amps. So I am looking for an amp and dac combo that could make these headphones sound better. The phones are only $140 bucks so be real on the price of the amp/dac. thanks : )

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Ok, so I have the Sony MBR XB700. Has a very low impendance of 24 ohm's. By my knowloedge, the lower the ohms the harder it is to actually make use of the amps. So I am looking for an amp and dac combo that could make these headphones sound better. The phones are only $140 bucks so be real on the price of the amp/dac. thanks : )

Sony MDR-XB700s usually sell for $90.
Please add your location to your community profile.
What source(s) are you plugging the headphones into?
Computer sound cards usually have high impedance.
Portable headphone amplifiers (like Fiio) usually come with lower impedance.

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Ok, so I have the Sony MBR XB700. Has a very low impendance of 24 ohm's. By my knowlodge, the lower the ohms the harder it is to actually make use of the amps. So I am looking for an amp and dac combo that could make these headphones sound better. The phones are only $140 bucks so be real on the price of the amp/dac. thanks : )

Fiio E10 USB-DAC-Headphone amplifier.

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #5 of 6
for i dont have to make a new thread, im also not sure, should i pick up the audio technica m50s or the AKG 240k mkii? will this benifit even more than the Sonys when you hook up the e10 to them?

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 6
PurpleAngel, If you have the time, could you help me with a similar question? I'm hoping to get an amp within two weeks for a trip so any help would be great. Here's my thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/617779/entry-level-amp-for-shure-srh440-and-grado-sr80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back