Amp/DAC recommendation for AKG 701's?
Oct 28, 2012 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tonyz723

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been going through all of these threads for quite a while, so I finally made myself an account. I've looked at quite a few amps in my price range, but I don't really know what to go for, and I figured there isn't a better place to find out what to get then here.

At the moment I've got my PC going to my cMoy BB v2.0, and I'm looking for an upgrade on that. It's going to be used exclusively on my computer, so I don't need it to be portable.
What I'd like is a amp/dac combo under $200 preferably, but I can got a little over.
Optimally, the amp/dac will sound good with my K701's, and be a good value for my money, that's pretty much what I'm looking for.

If I've missed anything, just tell me and I'll edit into my post, thanks guys! =D

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hey guys, I've been going through all of these threads for quite a while, so I finally made myself an account. I've looked at quite a few amps in my price range, but I don't really know what to go for, and I figured there isn't a better place to find out what to get then here.

At the moment I've got my PC going to my cMoy BB v2.0, and I'm looking for an upgrade on that. It's going to be used exclusively on my computer, so I don't need it to be portable.
What I'd like is a amp/dac combo under $200 preferably, but I can got a little over.
Optimally, the amp/dac will sound good with my K701's, and be a good value for my money, that's pretty much what I'm looking for.

If I've missed anything, just tell me and I'll edit into my post, thanks guys! =D

Is this for music? movies? gaming?

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 5
Maybe keep using the cMoy BB amplifier and just get a good bang for the buck DAC.
Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC, $52
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140847495065?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back