AMP/DAC Advice for iDevices
Mar 7, 2014 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jason36

500+ Head-Fier
Good morning,

Im wondering if anyone could probably provide me some advice with regards to options I have available for Portable Amp/DAC combos for iDevices.

Current equipment includes - iPhone5 - iPad4 - iPod Touch (either 4th or 5th Gen) used with DreamEarz UAD-8X CIEM and also in the future full size headphones (possibly HD650 or similar).

I am looking for a solution that I can use with allof the above devices and also that can be used as a USB solution with my Laptop

As far as I can see I have the following options available to me:

CypherLabs Theorem 720 (Amp & DAC)

Algorythm Solo and Duet

Solo and RX MkIIIB

DD Socket & Amp

Can anybody advice on their experiences with these and which options may the best?

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 6
Fiio E07 Andes with Apple Camera Connecting Kit = goodness.
Must turn USB power to off on E07

I bought these for my Asus T100 USB portable  I find this very frustrating because I have nothing to complain about.  They just plugged in and worked. What fun is that?

Mar 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #4 of 6
@William Jaco That isn't for an iDevice. That's just a DAC. I've also removed an affiliate link that was in your URL ("tag=whatever"). Please don't post those.
smile.gif

@Jason36 The Theorem 720 hisses with IEMs, so I'd take it off your list. There's also the Centrance M8, which is a good all-rounder.

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 6
@William Jaco
 That isn't for an iDevice. That's just a DAC. I've also removed an affiliate link that was in your URL ("tag=whatever"). Please don't post those.:smile:

@Jason36
 The Theorem 720 hisses with IEMs, so I'd take it off your list. There's also the Centrance M8, which is a good all-rounder.

Cheers Currawong.....the centrance m8 is indeed on my list and at the moment probably the one I'm going to get.

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 6
  Good morning,

Im wondering if anyone could probably provide me some advice with regards to options I have available for Portable Amp/DAC combos for iDevices.

Current equipment includes - iPhone5 - iPad4 - iPod Touch (either 4th or 5th Gen) used with DreamEarz UAD-8X CIEM and also in the future full size headphones (possibly HD650 or similar).

I am looking for a solution that I can use with allof the above devices and also that can be used as a USB solution with my Laptop

As far as I can see I have the following options available to me:

CypherLabs Theorem 720 (Amp & DAC)

Algorythm Solo and Duet

Solo and RX MkIIIB

DD Socket & Amp

Can anybody advice on their experiences with these and which options may the best?

use the Solo -dB with the Duet and balanced cables. Easily your best option and the Duet has an extremely low noise floor so its more well suited for IEMs than the RX MkIII-B+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back