Aminus hates everything (Or, Aminus rants and reviews stuff)
Mar 17, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #887 of 950
@aminus Any insight on the Acoustune HS1750 Vs. IE600 Vs. Symphonium Meteor
I have not heard the HS1750 or the Meteor. I will probably get around the the Symphonium eventually, less certain on the Acoustune.

Mar 25, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #889 of 950
My first day of Canjam SG impressions are live here. Everything covered is IEMs. I can't promise if I will be there tomorrow, but if I am I will likely focus on sources and desktop gear. Now if you excuse me I have a fever to sweat out.

Mar 25, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #890 of 950
Mar 25, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #891 of 950
My first day of Canjam SG impressions are live here. Everything covered is IEMs. I can't promise if I will be there tomorrow, but if I am I will likely focus on sources and desktop gear. Now if you excuse me I have a fever to sweat out.
What IEMs DO you like?
Your critique is an enjoyable contrast to the usual hypetrain.

Mar 25, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #894 of 950
From what I read from his recent writeup. Current Aminus seems to prioritize more (1) neutral non colored tuning, (2) correct timbre, and (3) coherence.

Let's say this, from my experience I have yet heard an IEM which fulfill all three at the same time.

Especially point (1) as current industry trend is gravitating towards imparting their own "sound" to be distinguishable in the market.

So, i guess an IEM that he REALLY LIKE (unless personally tuned to his target curve) does not exist at the moment

Mar 26, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #895 of 950
If possible, curious if your impressions of the as800 have withered after some time. I liked my unit fine, but it lacked some air and was congested slightly.

Also, replying to above some ither reviewers also to some extent review with an imagined perfect iem in mind, that doesn't exist, to varying degrees, notably Crinacle and Precogvision.

Mar 26, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #896 of 950
What IEMs DO you like?
Your critique is an enjoyable contrast to the usual hypetrain.
If after 60 pages of this commentary you are asking for something constructive, maybe consider that this person is not trying to offer you something constructive.

Mar 26, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #897 of 950
@aminus

Did they not have the Helios SE for demoing?
They did not.

If possible, curious if your impressions of the as800 have withered after some time. I liked my unit fine, but it lacked some air and was congested slightly.
If I’m being completely honest, I had to go through my old review list to remind myself what the AS800 in question even was. I think that sums my current opinion on it up pretty well.

From what I read from his recent writeup. Current Aminus seems to prioritize more (1) neutral non colored tuning, (2) correct timbre, and (3) coherence.

Let's say this, from my experience I have yet heard an IEM which fulfill all three at the same time.

Especially point (1) as current industry trend is gravitating towards imparting their own "sound" to be distinguishable in the market.

So, i guess an IEM that he REALLY LIKE (unless personally tuned to his target curve) does not exist at the moment
I am glad at least one person appears to actually be reading my articles and not merely skimming them for outrage.

Mar 26, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #899 of 950
Most of my music is simulacra so I don't have to worry about 1 or 2 haha

Mar 26, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #900 of 950
If after 60 pages of this commentary you are asking for something constructive, maybe consider that this person is not trying to offer you something constructive.
Well, at least you know he not being PAID for his reviews. 👍😃
So many people I hold suspect here, for some sort of payout; money, free hardware and other perks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back