Aminus hates everything (Or, Aminus rants and reviews stuff)
Aug 3, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #76 of 950
No “fun whump” feeling to my K10UA (10BA) bass vs several DD/hybrid IEMs, although K10 is relatively ‘bass tuned’. (I’m not a fan of the tuning though - too much low-bass leaving the bass feeling compressed, like a steep cliff.)

Maybe with some of the vented BA designs, which I’ve not tried. However, standard BA is .. standard. :p
For me sonion bass driver in TF10 or Rose mini 2 never felt like bass light. Some times I even use lower size tip on mini 2 to let some air in to reduce bass.

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #77 of 950
It’s more positive than that of the Solaris, but yes, the bass is very lacking on it in my opinion, and upper mids are simply not compensated for the pinna properly. I haven’t heard it in a while though, and definitely not through what would be considered a decent source for it.
Thank you for the reply. I believe that Qdc VX or the 8sl/sh will the the perfect iems for me but I don't think I am willing to shell out so much for an IEM. Maybe either the m9 or andro will do fine

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #78 of 950
The VX is probably one of the best full BA IEMs I’ve ever heard
How does Anole VX compares in bass quantity (both sub- and midbass) to hybrid models with DD - a. e., Z1R, Solaris etc?
Some people say it is typical BA - technical and precise but a little bit on short side with massiveness. Other suppose it is more than enought and even can comparable to DD.

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #79 of 950
How does Anole VX compares in bass quantity (both sub- and midbass) to hybrid models with DD - a. e., Z1R, Solaris etc?
Some people say it is typical BA - technical and precise but a little bit on short side with massiveness. Other suppose it is more than enought and even can comparable to DD.
Pretty much all of the 5 qdc TOTL models (including the rather unusual 8SS) have a similar bass tonality, which is unfortunately not very good. Extension is fine but it has a very noticeable plasticky-ness to it, and is simply too quick and limp. Definitely not comparable to a good DD.

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #82 of 950
CE-5 and N8 (not the custom, good lord) come to mind as the hybrids with the best bass I’ve heard.
Speaking of 64 Audio, how would you compare the bass section of Anole VX with U12t and U18t? Criterias are the same - both sub- and midbass quantiry, general impression.

CE-5, as per crinnacle, demonstrate some weird midsection. It is unwanted to sacrifice mids for saces of lows.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #83 of 950
Speaking of 64 Audio, how would you compare the bass section of Anole VX with U12t and U18t? Criterias are the same - both sub- and midbass quantiry, general impression.
I have not heard the U12t in a very long time, but off the top of my head, it would probably come first, followed by the VX and then the U18t. The U18t is just incredibly punchy in the midbass with not much extension to give it weight. I dislike it quite a bit.

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #84 of 950
Thanks for your frank opinion, my idea is simple - top tier BA with its essential assets like impeccable technicalities, details, spaciousness, but at the same time able to achieve the weighty bass section – something to be comparable to full-sized dynamic headphones.

At the end of the ends, if the latter is not achievable, simply the tight punchy bass with prolongation to subpart will also do.

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #85 of 950
Any views on FiR Audio's M5 vs IER-Z1R? Assuming we focus on sonic performance and ignore, if we can, price and tech (estat driver)

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #86 of 950
Thanks for your frank opinion, my idea is simple - top tier BA with its essential assets like impeccable technicalities, details, spaciousness, but at the same time able to achieve the weighty bass section – something to be comparable to full-sized dynamic headphones.

At the end of the ends, if the latter is not achievable, simply the tight punchy bass with prolongation to subpart will also do.
That’s the dream, isn’t it?
Any views on FiR Audio's M5 vs IER-Z1R? Assuming we focus on sonic performance and ignore, if we can, price and tech (estat driver)
I would need more time with the final versions to comment. In either case, what I believe is the final M5 is quite good, think something along the lines of an N8 with a little more treble. The final M4 may be less so, but I will need to confirm.

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #88 of 950
we all thrive to our dreams, don't we?
If it is technically feasible, why not?
both are rethorical questions.)):):):)
Oh yeah, definitely. It’s more of a case of tempering expectations. What you want may not really exist. Similar does, but it’s a question of how close counts as “close enough”.

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #90 of 950
speaking of Anole VX, how would you define the bass quantity and depth compared to other fully BA models, besides 64 Audio (a. e., Andros, Kaiser Encore, VE8 ets)?
With the boost off, it’s just slightly north of flat. VE8 may or may not have more, Andros and Kaiser Encore definitely have less. With the boost on, it’s about an extra 5dB of bass, putting it head and shoulders above the others in raw quantity. In terms of quality, I do feel like the VE8 may have the best of the bunch you named, it has the least amount of BA timbre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back