Amazon return policy
Sep 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tracylynn MkII

Head-Fier
I just received a pair of Denon AH-D2000's, which I put on my head without cutting any plastic or changing anything, but was sure someone on here had once mentioned that you could try out headphones and then return them to amazon (withing 14-30 days or so). Just to be sure I checked the amazon website:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161002#electronic

Electronics & Photo 30 days New, unopened

So if I get this right, the only way I could send this back is by receiving my 'phones, looking at them through the transparent plastic and then sending them back? The reason I ask this is because it is seemingly impossible to find any hifi shops around here with decent headphones to try on....

Trying them on might have made me think twice about AKG 702 or Denons (yes very different I know), but now I'm just in an awkward situation.

Anyone have any experience/tips on the matter?

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 6
Either put them back in the box exactly as you found them and return them or give the a few days of solid usage to burn them in and you will probably like them... I did the same

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 6
Best way is to contact an Amazon customer service rep, rather than taking the word of anyone here.  It's very easy to get in touch with an Amazon rep in North America, and I'd assume it's similarly quick in the UK.  Depending on how favorable the customer service agent is feeling, they seem to have quite a bit of power in authorizing actions beyond the stated policy.  If you've been a long-time Amazon customer with a long purchase history, they tend to go out of their way for you.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Best way is to contact an Amazon customer service rep, rather than taking the word of anyone here.  It's very easy to get in touch with an Amazon rep in North America, and I'd assume it's similarly quick in the UK.  Depending on how favorable the customer service agent is feeling, they seem to have quite a bit of power in authorizing actions beyond the stated policy.  If you've been a long-time Amazon customer with a long purchase history, they tend to go out of their way for you.

Thanks, that's a good idea :)

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Either put them back in the box exactly as you found them and return them or give the a few days of solid usage to burn them in and you will probably like them... I did the same

Looking for a soundstage pair now, may go for them when I want a closed fun pair to complement the others :)

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 6
I've returned several pairs of headphones to Amazon after using them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back