Amazon Music and Qobuz problems on the FiiO M11
Mar 1, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #91 of 102
Just bought the M11pro. Disappointed is an understatement. Spent extra on the stainless steal. Great sound but major issues with my two favorite services. Qobuz and Amazon. I have rebooted, factory reset
Uninstalled the two apps. Tried using APK versions. Freezing, no sound on both apps.
800 dollars for a half baked unit? Cmon fiio
Never should they release a top tier unit
With all these software glitches.
I really like the sound but I’m ready to return it. Buggy is an understatement.

hello Astel and Kern!

Stay away from any Chi-fi. Especially the ones with a software. Their software is always insanely laggy and problematic.

What I don't get is, why do some people and reviewers preaise these devices despite these issues. Check reviews of Fiio, iBasso etc. and you'll see 5 star reviews. According to them these devices don't have any issues and work perfectly. These reviewers are obviously misleading.

Mar 1, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #92 of 102
Hiby R6 pro works great for Amazon Music.

No DAP runs Qobuz nicely. (Half their fault and half the fault of DAPs choosing to run old versions of Android
)

Mar 2, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #93 of 102
@Richter Di

it’s not Fiio’s fault.

The Hiby does this too.

I gave up Qobuz because I was sick of waiting 20 mins for it to start every time.

the qobuz app doesn’t work well enough with old Android versions.

Really, thought the Hiby had a newer android version.

@Richter Di
Use amazon Music HD

it’s cheaper anyway.

Amazon music did not work reliable on my FiiO M11.
Also it sounded worse.

Mar 2, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #94 of 102
Stay away from any Chi-fi. Especially the ones with a software. Their software is always insanely laggy and problematic.

What I don't get is, why do some people and reviewers preaise these devices despite these issues. Check reviews of Fiio, iBasso etc. and you'll see 5 star reviews. According to them these devices don't have any issues and work perfectly. These reviewers are obviously misleading.

Totally agree!

Mar 4, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #97 of 102
Also disaster

Qobuz can't be used on these legacy Android DAPs IMHO

Amazon Music HD works great on r6 pro

So does Tidal.(But the r 6 Pro doesn't fully unpack MQA)

Leaving Amazon music HD as the obvious choice.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #98 of 102
Installed the new Qobuz app (the one with the dark mode 5.6.2) on the @FiiO M11, clearly in the hope that I finally could enjoy my rather expensive Qobuz subscription.
All my hopes are gone, if anything it is worse. After I pressed the icon for the first time, it took approx.10 minutes to start for the first time. Then it asked me if I wanted to use the new dark mode. After I confirmed that it went „dark“ and again we are back to 10 minutes for starting. It is just horrible.
Downloads in simple 44.1 are still taking ages, compared to Amazon Music HD in Ultra HD or Spotify in the best quality. Very often they do not work at all.
They really want me to quit.
Don`t forget the German Qobuz team recommended the FiiO M11: https://www.qobuz.com/ch-de/info/Hi-Fi/Bancs-d-essai/Best-of-Hi-Fi-2019-Die-besten-Hi182629

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #99 of 102
Yeah i had a sad divorce from Qobuz 3 months ago.

Never worked well on my FiiO M9 either..

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #100 of 102
Jun 20, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #101 of 102
Had the issue with Amazon music too. Google play tried to update it. But failed. Even the self update of google play failed. So i used APK Pure to finish the google Play update and installed the Amazon music update from APK pure. Since then it works perfectly again.

The defect google playstore update caused problems to connect to Amazon music servers:/. Using the FIIOs own player also interupted Amazon music.

But its not the first time that the Google Play update version caused trouble for me. So i only update from the APK pure store from now.

Maybe it fixes problems for others too?

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #102 of 102
Had the issue with Amazon music too. Google play tried to update it. But failed. Even the self update of google play failed. So i used APK Pure to finish the google Play update and installed the Amazon music update from APK pure. Since then it works perfectly again.

The defect google playstore update caused problems to connect to Amazon music servers:/. Using the FIIOs own player also interupted Amazon music.

But its not the first time that the Google Play update version caused trouble for me. So i only update from the APK pure store from now.

Maybe it fixes problems for others too?
How does one get APK pure on the M11?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back