Amazing IEM's for the smallest price
Apr 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Pedro Oliveira

1000+ Head-Fier
hi guys....

Sorry to bother but i would love to have some suggestions about really great sounding iem's for the smalles price, or at least a cheap one (20 25 pounds tops but the cheaper the better, since like that i would probably get more than a pair).

Last iem's i have been using were a pair of cx300...  I just want a good all rounder since i listen to pretty much everything form artic monkeys to florence and the machine or daft punk and all types of edm. I like good bass (precise) but not a overbearing, but overall i also like bright and trebly sound since i listen to uplift trance and i like some sparkle on the uplifting parts of the tracks.

All the help you can give me is more than welcome... :)

Thank you very much and sorry once again for the bother.

Apr 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #2 of 30
Well, I know the Monoprice 8320s, check the thread on Head Fi, which are quite a lot of bang for the buck. The sound is quite neutral though (flat f.r.). For some more fun sounding phones, I recommend the AWEI ES800m which you can get from China pretty cheap.

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #4 of 30
good bass, bright and trebly, sounds like JVC HA-FX40 fits the bill perfectly. They only cost $20, shouldn't be out of your reach

btw, I will leave these here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-278-iems-compared-astrotec-am-800-dx-60-added-03-31-13-p-659
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #5 of 30
Perhaps the vsonc gr02? They're more expensive than the other IEMs mentioned, but they might fit what you're looking for.

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 30
I vote for this one if your budget is around $10, even over the Monoprice. The Monoprice sound slightly better, though with less bass; but the comfort of the Philips is far superior, and they're barely visible once in your ear and you can sleep with them in. Better cable on the Philips too.
Quote:
the philips she3580/90 with eq.
sounds fantastic for $10.

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #7 of 30
The Sony EX300, JVC FXC50, Philips SHE3590 are pretty good for the price and they produce good punchy bass and extended bright highs, overall they are very fun and good sounding for the price.

Apr 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #8 of 30
First of all thank you very very much for all your replys guys.... :)

I also though of the monoprices but some people told me that the fit of them does not aplly to everyones's ears. Is this true? But one thing is for sure, it is one of the most recomended iem's here on head fi from what i've seen.

Those phillips sound even better than my previous senns cx300? I liked the cx300's but it seems they are overrated from what ive read...

This are the models ive searched so far...

Meelectronics M9/M6, os Jvc HA-FX34 "Marshmallows", Radiopaqs,Brainwavx M5, JVC HA-FX1X... Are any of these worth it? any of the mentioned (by everyone) stands out?

Thank you once again... :)

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #11 of 30
Guys i think i am going to order a pair of phiplips and another pair of jvc's...

Just a few questions...

Wich phillips are better? SHE3682, 3580 or 3590?

The best JVC's for my porpuses are the fx40 or are there any better jvc's (in this price range of course)?

FX40 or FX1X, wich one is better?

Between the all the phillips and jvc's wich is better after all?

Any of the will outperform my now dead cx300's (wich i used to love but many people over here thinks they are overrated and rubish from what i read around head fi... XD )

And last but not least, are there any better options besides these?

Thank you very very much to you all.... :)

Edit: How about these....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR99-Luxury-Edition-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/111030879749?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d9f4c605

(Are there fakes of these?

Are they much better than the phillips and jvc's? Joker says this ones's are a very good bang for the buck but that they are a little dark sounding... I want clarity and brightness i guess so i dont know if the can be a good option... :frowning2:

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #12 of 30
Pedro,

As I can see you're brazilian, like me. I think the CX300 are fine, people here in Head-Fi just think it's overrated because in the US you can get amazing IEMs (what you're looking for), for decent prices. In the US there is also an array of options to choose that is virtually non-existent in Brazil. Just to clarify to fellow head-fiers, buying high end earphones here in Brazil is a disgrace. Beats are considered the creme de la creme and cost something comparable to 600 USD (the Studio version).

You should check out the classifieds in the HT Forum, there's always some good deals on used earphones.

Valeu!

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #15 of 30
So the JVC are a no go? Any of these iems are counterfeited?
The only ones i can get in my country in a phisical store are the Phillips 3590, all of the others i will have to morder from eBay por amazon.

Wolfdale sou português :)

Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back