Amazing IEM's for the smallest price
Apr 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:
So the JVC are a no go? Any of these iems are counterfeited?
The only ones i can get in my country in a phisical store are the Phillips 3590, all of the others i will have to morder from eBay por amazon.

Wolfdale sou português :)

Cheers...

the 3590 should be good enough and you'll save yourself the loooong wait from HK or China or wherever, but be sure to burn-in them a LOT

buena suerte amigo.!

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #18 of 30
Both the fx40 and gr99 are great, but it depends on your taste and pacient . The gr99 are great right out of the box and the fx40 is great after 500hrs of burn in with heavy bass music on full volume from your mp3 player because of the stiff carbon nanotube diaphram.

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #19 of 30
Guys i think i am going to order not 1 but 2 or 3 pairs of cheap iem's the She3590 are the first pais i am shure i am going to order because of all the hype and because many people likes them so much.

My other options will be the jvc's fx40, the fx1x or the fx101.

A few questions about this models...

Between all the jvc's and the phillips wich is the best all rounder?
Wich delivers... good tight bass (not overbearing) and parkly treble (specially for uplifting trance) and good mids for some vocals?
Whats the difference between the fz1z and the fx101? Are the fx40 better than any of those 2?

and last... Any other better options? :)

Thank you very much once again... :)

Apr 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #20 of 30
I have SHE3580 (not really different from 3590 in term of SQ) and HA-FX40 so I can give you a little comparision between these 2: I personally find the overall sound of SHE3580 "fresher" than FX40 (slighty bigger soundstage/depth), but the treble is more on the smooth side, unlike the sparkling treble of FX40. FX40 seem to have better bass impact, while SHE3580 got better mid. FX40 is more fowarded, more aggressive while SHE3580 is more laid back. SHE3580 makes better all-arounder, but I still think FX40 fits your need more.

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:
Better then all those are the vsonic vc02
smily_headphones1.gif

Technically, yes. But It has balanced sound, and more importantly It's out of OP's budget

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:
I have SHE3580 (not really different from 3590 in term of SQ) and HA-FX40 so I can give you a little comparision between these 2: I personally find the overall sound of SHE3580 "fresher" than FX40 (slighty bigger soundstage/depth), but the treble is more on the smooth side, unlike the sparkling treble of FX40. FX40 seem to have better bass impact, while SHE3580 got better mid. FX40 is more fowarded, more aggressive while SHE3580 is more laid back. SHE3580 makes better all-arounder, but I still think FX40 fits your need more.

Thank you very much frequency blue. :)

A few more questions then... You said the mids on the Phillips are better... But the ones on the Fx40 are very bad?
You never tried any of the other Jvc's i mentinoned? Between the 3 Jvc's do you (or anyone else) believe that the fx40 are the better of the 3?

The phillips and the fx40 are durabble? The Phillips seem like the typical iem so i believe they will be very confortable, but the jvc's tend to have a awkward shapes from what i have seen. Are the fx40 comfortable? :)

I think i am going to order a pair of Phillips and another of Jvc's. All left to do now is to choose wich one of the 3 Jvc's (but leaning towards the fx40 because it seems the other Jvc's have overbearing bass like my akg k518)..

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:
Thank you very much frequency blue. :)

A few more questions then... You said the mids on the Phillips are better... But the ones on the Fx40 are very bad?
You never tried any of the other Jvc's i mentinoned? Between the 3 Jvc's do you (or anyone else) believe that the fx40 are the better of the 3?

The phillips and the fx40 are durabble? The Phillips seem like the typical iem so i believe they will be very confortable, but the jvc's tend to have a awkward shapes from what i have seen. Are the fx40 comfortable? :)

I think i am going to order a pair of Phillips and another of Jvc's. All left to do now is to choose wich one of the 3 Jvc's (but leaning towards the fx40 because it seems the other Jvc's have overbearing bass like my akg k518)..

FX40 has that recessed low-mid, and anything in that frequency range (for example, male vocals)  tends to sound smaller and distant. I dont have the other 2 JVCs you mentioned so I can't comment on them, but yeah I heard that the FX101s are bassy phones.

Honestly speaking, IEM's lifespan really depend on how you treat them, so even the most well built IEMs won't stand aganst abuse for long. I myself bought a clamshell carry case along with my 3580 back then, and with maintenance every 2 weeks (mostly cleaning),  these inears have been around for good 4 months without any sigh of breaking. The biggest downside is that the case is a little too big for pockets (especially jeans or pants), so those aren't good for going outside without a bag, a purse or something.
  About comfort, if you actually don't mind wearing IEM over-ear style, FX40 has the best comfort due to soft tips material. Btw you are right about fx40's design, It does  cause discomfort with cable down wearing, when I watch a comedy on youtube with these on, every time I giggle they pushed aganst my ear. I find 3580's tips to be hard and they give my ear canals soreness after a short while, then again that depend on different ears and different people. So for short, FX40 (cable over ear) > 3580 (cable down) >= 3580 (cable over ear) >>> FX40 (cable down).

Hope that helps :)

May 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #25 of 30
Guys i am going to get a pair of Philips tomorrow...

There is a store here in Portugal that is selling the she3570 in white and red for 6,99 Euros wich is reaaaaaaaally cheap... Just one question, i guess they are the same but just to be shure, the she3570, she 3580 and she3590 are all the same thing, the only thing that changes is the number but in fact they are exactly the same iem's right?

Just to be sure......

But still i am thinking of ordering a second or third pair of iem's. If i really like the Philips i will buy 2 or three pairs... but still i would love to get my hands in a pair of  Jvc's fx40 or 101 or Monoprices in the near future to check if they are really that good.... :)

May 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #28 of 30
Guys, just bought a pair of she3570 for 7 euros. Unfortunately i had to stick with the red/pinkish ones, but they are not that bad.... XD
Actually the sound more than makes up for the color. I have to admit i am impressed and they are probably really better than my beloved and now late cx300 because it seems that the highs extend much more.

At least this is my impression after 2 hours using them... When i first got my cx300 i hated them and only after days and days of use i started to like the sound because everything stared to get better after some burn in period and with this Philips i must say that right out of the box they sound as good as my burned in cx300 but maybe excel a little bit more because as i said before they seem to have a bit more highs.

So far loving them... Mids are indeed a litlle recessed but personally they are almost perfect for me and i would not extend the mids much more (i guess this is why some people say they sound tiny, and indeed in a couple of tracks it seems they lack just tiny bit of pressure in the sound but it just really happens very often and just with some certain types of music).

Bass? I dont understand how some people believe this are bass light, now i really now whats the definition of basshead around here.

As i said before i have a pair of Aurvana Lives and a pair of more than bass heavy AKG K518Dj and for me the bass on the Philips is more than perfect. Punchy, not muddy, precise, not to much, not interfering with other frequencies, just perfect... :)

For now i am liking them a lot, i have only one concern, since the iem casind is really small when i put them on my ears i end up pressing not only the casing but also accidentaly a bit of the whire with my fingers and i am affraid that these presses on the wire will eventually lead to wire fallure.... but with 2 years warranty and for this price it is more than a fantastic buy.

But i will still try to grab a pair of jvc's soon because i am really curious.... XD

May 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #29 of 30
I bought Philips SHE3590 today, it's much, much better than my stock earbuds, they still need a proper burn-in though. My phone can drive them fine, so for outside or traveling they're better than my Suoperlux HD668B. And that sound isolation, it's great and comfy, doesn't fall out, it's my first decent IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back