Am I totally wasting my triple fi 10s?
Dec 7, 2010 at 7:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

FearoftheNight

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just got these recently. Honestly these are the first iem's that i've paid more than $30 for other than the shure e2cs i've used a few years ago. So my question is that am I totally wasting these because most of what I listen to is on spotify and pandora radio?

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 18
My dad had an expensive BMW he only rode 1 km to work. Did he waste it? Of course not.

Maybe it is just me but I fail to see any sense in questions like these. Do you like them? Do you think they are worth the money you paid for them? If yes, why ask? If no, sell them ad get another - probably cheaper - pair.

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #3 of 18
To give an easier answer, you are probably not putting them to waste. I'd imagine, even through Pandora Radio, they will still sound better than your $30 headphones. However, they might also bring the really poor-mastering tracks more into the light.
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 18
Oh, upgraditis. I am already suffering from it.

What an amazing disease.
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #7 of 18
Unfortunately, it is the other way for me! I was listening to my IEM, then I was thinking, "this is lacking and that's lacking... the wires are being crappy... time for a new IEM!"

And this is with plans to get a custom from UM and a DBA-02 is on its way.
redface.gif

I think I have it severely.

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #9 of 18
Well, to help you out, the HJE900 is a great IEM and is now discontinued in the US market. So, you got a great and rare IEM in your hands! That should hold upgraditis off a little more longer!
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #11 of 18
Hey, if you ever bore of the DBA-02s, I would happily trade my HJEs for them and even include some cash! I'm actually being serious. Please keep me in mind if you ever want to trade them!...Sorry OP for threadjacking, I'll stop now.

Quote:
Well, to help you out, the HJE900 is a great IEM and is now discontinued in the US market. So, you got a great and rare IEM in your hands! That should hold upgraditis off a little more longer!
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #14 of 18
Well in that case you can argue for just getting ibuds and using your phone and onboard sound. It does the job and is cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back