ALO Audio Continental V3 Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Jan 21, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #31 of 145
I am excited by what I already know... not much. Emailing the designer. I'll be back with more info. Hang tight!

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #33 of 145
I just got myself yesterday and I think it sounds great as a complement to the DX100. However, there is a hiss in quiet movements (with Shure SE530x6 6 drivers reshell). I am not really sure if their is something I can do against this...I will try some volume calibration, and also see if it changes after some burn-in (no clue if this applies).

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #38 of 145
BTW all the text in that link was in jibberish...but the pics look awesome! 

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #40 of 145
The other amp site above. The ALO site is fine :)

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #41 of 145
Ok guys here are some news about the hiss issue: Just as a reminder, I have a hiss whether the music is on of off: - The guys at ALO Audio told me it was not systematic, but that it is maybe because the amp requires burn in, I should burn it in for 100 hours and see if the hiss progressively disappears. - The distributor who sold it to me here in Shanghai said that ALL his V3 have a hiss at first, and then it disappears after burn in. The demo unit I tried apparently had 300 hours of use, but 100 hours should suffice. Hope this helps ! Just another issue, I am experiencing quite some RF noise due to surrounding cell phones... Michael

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #42 of 145
Quote:
I am going to be ordering a WA6 to compare and after having been in contact with them they assure me it is extremely quiet with UE18s. Obviously this will not be portable, but I got the V3 as a bedside rig anyway...

Hey Catch, I am VERY interested/curious to see what your comparisons (Continental vs WOO6) will be like!   
popcorn.gif
   I'm staying tuned. Thanks man.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #43 of 145
Quote:
Ok guys here are some news about the hiss issue: Just as a reminder, I have a hiss whether the music is on of off: - The guys at ALO Audio told me it was not systematic, but that it is maybe because the amp requires burn in, I should burn it in for 100 hours and see if the hiss progressively disappears. - The distributor who sold it to me here in Shanghai said that ALL his V3 have a hiss at first, and then it disappears after burn in. The demo unit I tried apparently had 300 hours of use, but 100 hours should suffice. Hope this helps ! Just another issue, I am experiencing quite some RF noise due to surrounding cell phones... Michael

Oh good to know. I was getting worried since I'm using my V3 primarily with IEMs too (getting mine today!). Thanks for the info!

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #44 of 145
Quote:
Please let us know if you get anymore information on what you're looking at.  Quite intriguing.

For those of you interested in the Analog Paper^2 offerings, there is a discussion here with updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Back