All things Metrum Acoustics
Jun 18, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #616 of 1,451
Thanks, I will ask Cees if he is offering MODs or if I can get instructions and buy the I2S board.

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #617 of 1,451
He's actually moving house right now and probably without internet. He's asked for a bit of space re enquiries so if you could leave for a couple weeks appreciated. Understand an easy job so you can probably do it yourself. As of last week no news on M Receivership but still looking good for parts availability down the track.

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #618 of 1,451
great info, thanks for sharing!

I sure will give him some space/time! Have plenty to do to not make this a first priority anyway, one of which is playing with the Singxfer SU1 and tinkering with more cables and upgrading power cables plugs and sockets!

Jul 4, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #619 of 1,451
for now I have taken out the USB board, and it seems to improve SQ a bit.

Can anyone give a hint on how to remove the main circuit board? I am stuck as it rests on the threaded pins I removed the M5.5 bolts of, it looks as if I need to not only unscrew the additional back plate but the whole back section of the chassis, or undo the whole front and take it out that way. All I want to do is to replace the plastic fantastic RCA outputs for some pure copper.

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #620 of 1,451
Metrum will soon come back to life! That's great news but now when i got Sonnet Morpheus i don't really care that much :wink:

Jul 21, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #627 of 1,451
Folks, there isn't an engineering reason why EtherRegen could make any difference. Save your moneys for things you really need...
Ok. I wasn’t sure what to expect. I took a chance and bought the Ether REGEN and thought I would just sell if it didn’t work! I received my unit 8 days ago.and running 7/24 since. I have a Cambridge Audio CXN v2 and was noticing noise in quite passages while streaming from my NAS. I have all file types from mp3, cd rips to hi-res. I also moved down my CA CXC Transport downstairs and the transport sounded much better using same DAC of the streamer. I was pretty disappointed with the Cambridge streamer as I was using my MacBook Pro, Pure Music, ISO REGEN/LPS1.2 and the Chord Mojo in my downstairs system and had to get rid of everything off the floor of the family room. Wife’s orders!

Well the ether REGEN has transformed my streamer! It’s like the REGEN device peeled away a layer of noise. The background is more darker. The nuance of the music is coming through as well as the music flow. Today I compare the transport with the same music on my NAS and there is no comparison. I honestly can’t believe it. If I plug the streamer to the dirty side, I can hear the difference right away. It’s actually a huge difference!

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #628 of 1,451
Ok. I wasn’t sure what to expect. I took a chance and bought the Ether REGEN and thought I would just sell if it didn’t work! I received my unit 8 days ago.and running 7/24 since. I have a Cambridge Audio CXN v2 and was noticing noise in quite passages while streaming from my NAS. I have all file types from mp3, cd rips to hi-res. I also moved down my CA CXC Transport downstairs and the transport sounded much better using same DAC of the streamer. I was pretty disappointed with the Cambridge streamer as I was using my MacBook Pro, Pure Music, ISO REGEN/LPS1.2 and the Chord Mojo in my downstairs system and had to get rid of everything off the floor of the family room. Wife’s orders!

Well the ether REGEN has transformed my streamer! It’s like the REGEN device peeled away a layer of noise. The background is more darker. The nuance of the music is coming through as well as the music flow. Today I compare the transport with the same music on my NAS and there is no comparison. I honestly can’t believe it. If I plug the streamer to the dirty side, I can hear the difference right away. It’s actually a huge difference!

Have your wife to swap it in and out like 10 times randomly taking notes and give it a listen trying to determine if the device is in the chain or not without seeing if it is, write your conclusions down and then compare it to your wife's. Please report here your rate of success.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #630 of 1,451
Could somebody chime in on what is the best way to connect the I2S version of the Metrum Pavane to the Mac? Thanks.
You have to get the Metrum Amber or Pi2AES with I2S Board. Cheapest option is Pi2AES.
I am using Pi2AES without any issues to stream Roon or Audirvana from MAC to Onyx or Morpheus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back