All NEW WhipMOD and WhipLOD; the next audiophile iPod 5.5 generation Modification!!
Aug 10, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #16 of 259

Quote:
Well a 60/80gb logic board has 64mb or RAM, not 32mb. I'm sure you can see where problems could/would arise.

I have a 120gb hdd in my U2 5.5G iMod, which was only available in 30gb version originally

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #18 of 259
i would like a 120gb w/ the reference cable if i am in the running for the "top 5"  i dont have an amp tho but im not sure if i want to use one right away. im not savvy on these, am i married to an amp to use this setup with my jh16's? i can pay right away by credit card or paypal. python002@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #20 of 259
Hey Craig,

WhipMOD and WhipLOD are so overwhelming here. I need to reserve lot of BGs asap !!!!

here are the pictures of WhipMOD and WhipLOD for you guys. It's NEW like he said.

Aug 11, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #22 of 259
Hi Craig,

Long time no see....I'm please to hear that you have WhipMOD and WhipLOD on sell coming.....I'm interested on the WhipMOD (120G), please count me in as well...
biggrin.gif
even i've already have a DIY imod right now. I would also like to keep one more...

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #27 of 259

Quote:

WhipMOD and the Elite Reference WhipLOD

*The 5th gen iPods do not have enough room to place the capacitors into the unit especially since we use the "slim" version. SO Whiplash Audio has come up with 2 new LODs called:

*Elite TWag Reference WhipLOD with BLACK GATE CAPS

WhipLOD

Elite TWag Reference with black gates $390

Craig,

I must admit, at first, I was shocked to see a LOD at this price range, but after comparing it with the two other Elite TWag LODs I've bought earlier (one with ViaBlue and the other with Oyaide termination), this monster is in a different league altoghether, even with my iMod/Pico Slim.  This thing is massive for a reason, but, boy, the SQ impact is dramatic even without any significant burn-in on the LOD and the Pico.  I have been listening to it since I left Can Fest and still amazed.

Anyone who gets in on the 50% off combo deal will be a lucky man.  

Once I'll get the WhipMod itself, I'll be doing a comparison review against the iMod, but wanted to post this quick impression.  Well done!

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #28 of 259
You guys shouldn't miss this incredible player, WhipMOD.

Its sound superior than every iPod and iMod generation ever made! The background is cleanest ever, focus, imaging, instrument separation, details, layering, all are very very great. The sound that comes out from this DAP is so stunning.

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #29 of 259

Quote:
You guys shouldn't miss this incredible player, WhipMOD.

Its sound superior than every iPod and iMod generation ever made! The background is cleanest ever, focus, imaging, instrument separation, details, layering, all are very very great. The sound that comes out from this DAP is so stunning.

Hey, thanks for the pictures you posted.  The standard Elite TWag LOD is excellent but I'm positive that you're still missing out if you don't have the top of the line version.  Ha!  You got the WhipMod, and I got the WhipLOD.  It will be exciting to hear them together for the first time.

Aug 20, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #30 of 259
haha warp08 , you're wrong ;P

It's WhipLOD and WhipMOD in the picture. I also got Elite Reference but I just sent it back to Craig to let him install black gate caps inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back