All I need is help ::: Also Got New Denon AH-D7000's
Aug 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xthakila

100+ Head-Fier
I bought mine for a steal for $550 2 months back. I am finally unboxing them right now. I was travelling so I did not get an oppertunity to use them. I got back today and there they were sitting on my desk waiting to be opened. They sound good out of the box. Nice bass but I expected slightly more. They sound slighlty bright. They are probably the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried.

I had a few questions for you guys could you possibly help me out with an amp and DAC I have a detailed post about what I am looking for here.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/509288/looking-for-amp-dac-for-ah-d7000-and-also-need-new-headphone-basshead

Quote:
  I need an amp and DAC for my Denon Ah-d 7000 and 595's and the next headphone I purchase. I was also looking for a pair of Headphones with heavy Bass.

For Bass heavy headphones-

I have heard good things about the DT990's 600 OHM version or Ultrasone 580's any others you guys can think of. Or is the HF2 a good bet.
Also looking at Stax SR404 (not really much bass from what I gather but I figure maybe the Denon's have enough base)

For Amps -
Lokking at the Zeus http://www.stereotimes.com/acc120999.shtml as well. How much do you guys think this is worth?
1) EF5
2) Audio-Gd Fun
3) Mapletree Ear+HD
4) Woo 6
5) iBasso D10
These were some I was looking at not much info on them
6) Meixing MINGDA MC34-B Vacuum Tube Integrated Amplifier
7) Little Dot MK VIII SE
8) Yaquin amp
9) Xiang Sheng 768A

In terms of DAC's -
Please recommend

My budget for the AMP + DAC is $800
Headphone Budget is $350-400

Edit1-

If you could also recommend a portable AMP

Edit2-

Amp is preferably Hybrid though I am open to tube or solid
PS - I don't mind chinese amps.

Edit3-

I am also looking for a good ipod dock lol (I know this is sort of off topic but I thought I would get a general opinion)
1) Pioneer Electronics Audition Series XW-NAS3 Docking Station for iPod
2) Altec Lansing inMotion MIX iMT800 Portable Digital Boom Box for iPhone and iPod
3) Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Loudspeaker Dock System for iPod (Silver/Black)
(Trying to keep this below $350)

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I bought mine for a steal for $550 2 months back. I am finally unboxing them right now. I was travelling so I did not get an oppertunity to use them. I got back today and there they were sitting on my desk waiting to be opened. They sound good out of the box. Nice bass but I expected slightly more. They sound slighlty bright. They are probably the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried.

I had a few questions for you guys could you possibly help me out with an amp and DAC I have a detailed post about what I am looking for here.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/509288/looking-for-amp-dac-for-ah-d7000-and-also-need-new-headphone-basshead

The D7000 need at least 125 hours of burn in and they become a complete
ly different headphone and they prefer my Matrix M Stage over my Decware and they are  a great combo. I cant help with Dac as I use one box universal player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back