All around headphones help.
Oct 18, 2010 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

christos03

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for decent headphones price $100  I listen to music that has alot of bass but I also want headphones for gaming. I also dont want a mic attachment. I heard that the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 are good headphones for gaming but lack on bass. I would like something with bass doesn't need to be crazy but a noticeable amount for movies and music.  So pretty much what the title says I would like to see all around headphones.

Oct 18, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 6
Creative Aurvana Live!'s are a pair of headphones that seem to fit what you are asking. I have really been enjoying these and I have the same preferences as far as music goes. The bass isn't a killer but it's stronger and sounds really nice to me. I use these for gaming, but I'm thinking of buying another pair in the same price range might be better, as there requirements are so different. There are headphones that are better built for gaming in this price range. They still make games sound far better, and make it far easier to locate people in FPS gaming, but open headphones will do the job nicer.

Are you going to use these outdoors or in noisy or distracting environments? Because then you might want to eliminate any open design.

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #3 of 6
I was looking around and I found these AKG Acoustics K-240 to be all around good headphones. Can anyone that owns these tell me what you think. I heard they have good bass and have good sound stage.

Oct 18, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #5 of 6
I just figured out you need an amp for them.  Audio- Technica ATH-M50 look promising, sorry for all these list of headphones. Just trying to find one that fits my needs, I looked and these have good bass and good sound stage.

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 6
What will you be using as source? My K240S sounded fine connected to my iPod nano (volume set to 70-80%) without an amp and the bass still sounded deep and punchy. I'm sure they will sound better with an amp but they will sound great too with most Cowon players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back