All about the Gaming mouse...a Buyer's guide (Mouse-fi)
Apr 2, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've played most of the FPS games, seem to cope fine in sniping mode in default middle DPI LED. Never used the Logitech "Advanced Game Settings" either

I havent used the software either, most games have a setting for that anyway.

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omerta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this guide is ridiculous. I've used every razer mouse, and I HATE all of them. This whole laser mice suck nonsense is ridiculous.

I have never read good user reviews of Razor mice either, seems like Logitech has been the only way to go since Microsoft started slipping about 8 years ago.

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #49 of 62
Posted already here but DeathAdder is very good, I'm a user. Strictly by objective measurements laser mice do suck if you are the kind of player that will push the sensor to its limits; i.e. low sensitivty, they will fail to track much sooner as movement speed ramps up compared to IR.

High DPI is unimportant if you use anything less than 1:1 sensitivity you are interpolating the signal anyway. (1:1 is 1"dot" = 1pixel of on screen movement, for razer mice this requires max driver sens and default notch 6 in windows, with acceleration removed) I use my DA at 450dpi 500Hz 1:1 input for example, in windows this translates to 4.26" of mouse movement for the cursor to travel from the left edge to the right edge of my 1920pixel wide desktop.

If you are not a low sensitivity player or using 1:1 mouse input then it really doesn't matter, get whatever mouse feels the best to you.

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #50 of 62
I guess the same goes for mice as it does for audio, there are always little guys who make unbelievable products. The Cyber Snipa stinger has to be my favorite mouse and I have used quite a few over the years. It has every feature you could want; on the fly DPI adjustment, programmable macros and on the fly macro set adjustment, memory on the mouse, weights, etc. All for about $40. Best mouse ever.

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #51 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Posted already here but DeathAdder is very good, I'm a user. Strictly by objective measurements laser mice do suck if you are the kind of player that will push the sensor to its limits; i.e. low sensitivty, they will fail to track much sooner as movement speed ramps up compared to IR.

High DPI is unimportant if you use anything less than 1:1 sensitivity you are interpolating the signal anyway. (1:1 is 1"dot" = 1pixel of on screen movement, for razer mice this requires max driver sens and default notch 6 in windows, with acceleration removed) I use my DA at 450dpi 500Hz 1:1 input for example, in windows this translates to 4.26" of mouse movement for the cursor to travel from the left edge to the right edge of my 1920pixel wide desktop.

If you are not a low sensitivity player or using 1:1 mouse input then it really doesn't matter, get whatever mouse feels the best to you.

all that math over there means nothing to me. I've used the deathadder and I hated it. I am far more accurate with the g5 and g9...both laser mice. The math, specs, or whatever may say something different, but in the end it is in the user experience. But I do game at 1800 DPI, even when I snipe.

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #52 of 62
I have pretty extensive experience with mouses and gaming. I own the Logitech G5 and G9, Razer Copperhead and Diamondback and a few crappy Microsoft/other brand generic optical ones.

My favorite of all is the G9 for its feel and high sensitivity laser (I'm a high sensitivity player) in CSS and TF2. Honestly G5 is 90% as good as the G9. I do strongly prefer the logitechs to the razers based on feel and weight - the razers are too light and don't give me as much control. I have not tried the deathadder although I considered it before I bought my G9 and G15 (also recommended) a few moths ago.

Interstingly though, I still use the Razer eXactMat because I love the wrist wrest (I use a claw grip) and smooth pad.

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #53 of 62
hehe, all the high and medium sensi users will absolutely love the G5.
But, my views of laser mice have highly been influenced by the copperhead, which I really feel sucks.
I love the Ikari optical, and am a very low sensi user, ( 400 CPI, 5 in windows, 1.8 in CS).
I use the whole mousepad space of the qck+.. for those who want to have an idea.

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #54 of 62
I guess I'm in the minority here in liking Razer mice (even though they've had some bad ones too). I do use Logitech mice at work and sometimes in my gaming rig. I'm a big time mouse addict (still looking for that perfect mouse), and I probably own a dozen mice at this point. If I were to characterize my mouse preferences, it's mid to high-sensitivity, high accuracy , low input lag, minimum resistance, low weight, minimum lift (i.e I don't do a lot of lift and reset mouse position during gaming, and never during desktop use.) Some of the best logitech mice in the past (MX Revolution in particular) would not go over 125hz polling, which made them useless to me in practice, no matter how much I liked the ergonomics, buttons, features, etc. I also hate shiny hard plastics on the main two buttons, and less than stellar left click responsiveness - the rubber like material on the DeathAdder and its button response are very compelling features.

I use my DeathAdder the most, currently. Running at 1000hz polling with no acceleration. I also love the ability to control the backlighting, as I dislike gaudy lights on electronics, as a rule.

I don't like the G9 much in practice although it seemed perfect on paper - it's almost never been used. The G5 gets secondary use on my gaming PC and I use MX 518 at work. Haven't bought a new mouse in a while, but I'm considering the Razer Mamba - a wireless mouse with 1000hz polling sounds crazy and an improvement on DeathAdder ergonomics sounds nice too - price is unreasonably high though.

Apr 18, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #55 of 62
Another low-sensitivity player here who loves his Razer Deathadder. Admittedly, I hate most FPS games, and only play stuff like 32-man Quake or TF2.

I like to 'palm' my mice and have a lazy wrist, so the deathadder feels perfect in my hand.
I do have one complaint though: the rubber coating is easily scratched, and will peel if you fiddle with it. My fault, of course. But I do feel that it should be a tad more durable for 50 bucks. I also hate piano black finishes. It'd be great if the sides had the same rubber coating as the rest of the mouse.

Apr 18, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #56 of 62
I think the "HP Gaming Mouse with Voodoo DNA" has a lot of qualities you find with more expensive gamer targeted mice such as 3200dpi, 1000hz polling and adjustable settings with a button. Since it was cheap I gave it a try and replaced my G5 with it since it was a bigger mouse and more comfortable. My only complaint would be that the glide pads on the bottom are just 4 small pieces which collect more dirt than the larger pads on the G5 did.

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #57 of 62
I use the Logitech G5 and an Icemat(glass mousepad) so i get like no friction at all. you could almost just blow air at your mouse and have it move on it. I had recently got that set up again after the battery on my laptop **** the bed so it's stationary. it's taking a while to get used to it again. trying to find the right dpi for browsing. i don't need the high dpi setting really, and the low i only use when photoshopping.

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #58 of 62
Other companies DPI switches will never match up to Razer's on the fly sensitivity change. Razer Mamba one the way for me
tongue_smile.gif

The logitech g9 looks about as uncomfortable to hold as a rock. The ambidextrous Razers feel pretty bad too but the Deathadder is godly.

Apr 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #59 of 62
I use the Razer Deathadder. Excellent mouse for right handed mice users, and to be honest, my hand is small and it fits the mouse very well. Love it. Playing CS has become a lot easier for me. Would buy again.

Apr 21, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #60 of 62
Indeed, the Deathadder is pure love. Too bad there isn't doesn't have the extra buttons the Mamba does have, that would make it the ultimate mouse for me
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back