All about the Gaming mouse...a Buyer's guide (Mouse-fi)
Mar 6, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #16 of 62
Hmm... I have never managed to break a mouse by overusing. I also use a basic logitech optical mouse and I am happy with it.
biggrin.gif
Though I am going to get MX518, those thumb buttons will be handy in FPS games.

I used to use palmgrip as that is quite natural way to keep a mouse, but since I bought a mousepad with gelpadding for wrist, I turned to clawgrip as pure palmgripping is difficult with wrist resting firmly on the pad.

Mar 6, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #17 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... I have never managed to break a mouse by overusing. I also use a basic logitech optical mouse and I am happy with it.
biggrin.gif
Though I am going to get MX518, those thumb buttons will be handy in FPS games.

I used to use palmgrip as that is quite natural way to keep a mouse, but since I bought a mousepad with gelpadding for wrist, I turned to clawgrip as pure palmgripping is difficult with wrist resting firmly on the pad.

I use 3 fingers for mouse use, at least when gaming, when browsing I usually use my entire hand (because I have the IM 3.0, and use the side buttons obsessively)

wearing out a mouse, I've done it to mechanical mice, but never optical tracking units

Mar 6, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #18 of 62
Very nice guide. I like my late-night Unreal III and particularly "pwning" my son and his friends (I'm 51)
very_evil_smiley.gif
My gameplay improved considerably when I switched to the Razer Lachesis, although it's not as comfortable as my older Logictech wireless. I might check out the new Razer wireless, I hate wires.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #21 of 62
Hell, the only PC game I still play is Guitar Hero III, which doesn't even use a mouse, but I use a Razer Death Adder anyways, just for internet browsing and general computer use. I even bought a second one when the first stopped working. I had a wireless Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 and Logitech MX510 before the Razer. The Logitech was used primarily during my gaming days. The Razer takes the cake for comfort, looks, and performance. Of course I needed the matching Lycosis keyboard to go with it.
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #22 of 62
I've been playing counter-strike for the past 7 years and have had the pleasure of using the logitech mx310, 510, 518 and microsoft 3.0. I'd have to say that logitech makes great quality mice and have amazing customer support. The mice feel really solid and well built in your hands, and when they do break, logitech has a pretty much no questions asked 3-5yr warranty (I can't remember how long it is) and they'll send you a new replacement mouse.

I have fairly long fingers, so eventually I made the switch to the microsoft 3.0. It's build quality isn't anywhere near logitech's offerings, but its design is much better suited for my long fingers and low sensitivity play style. With the 518/510 I'd often accidentally hit the right click button when I moved my mouse quickly during "quick-reaction" moments. I don't have that problem with the 3.0. The big downside to the 3.0 is that one of my side buttons and the scroll wheel broke after the 2nd year I had it, and microsoft doesn't have the great customer support that logitech has. I've just gotten back into counter-strike after taking a year to focus intensely on school to get into the colleges that I desired, and have bought a new microsoft 3.0. It's build quality seems a bit better than my last one, but still not up to logitech's standards. I thought about picking up a deathadder since it is based on the 3.0's shell case, but decided to just stick with what I was familiar with.

btw for those of you who play games with low sensitivity I'd highly recommend a steelpad qck series mousepad. They are really slick and durable for cloth pads.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #23 of 62
Deathadder has been my fav mouse since its release
smily_headphones1.gif
Previous was the G7.

The Mamba looks very interesting.

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #25 of 62
I disagree with you a bit on the laser is not for gamer. Atleast for me the Logitech G5 works wonders. I never had skips with it yet anyway. I know I haven't used that many mouse but my playing performance increases noticably when I switch to it from the MX500. Mousepad room isn't a problem since the one I have is 11"x17". Besides, I always adjust my sensitivity in the game, I prefer more of an "understeer" so my mouse setting is usually low, but I found out it makes rifle aims more effective.

A mouse with on the go sensitivity adjustment can a plus, the fact that I can switch it down to the low setting is crucial for Photoshop at times.

Also when it come to the more quality mouse, I haven't killed on yet. I used the MX500 for 5years until for some reason the mouse cursor skip by itself. I still prefer it's non-tilted wheel over the newer version.

It's a shame the newer Logitech mouses are all wireless. I tried playing with the VX Revolution and the response is horrible.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #26 of 62
For the past two years I've been using a Logitech G5 w/5 customizable dpi settings, mines at: 1200/1400/1600/1800/2000. Weight Cartridge w/8 4.5g weights gives a soild precise feel.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Mar 14, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #27 of 62
i used to play competitively with a mx510, a few months ago the 518 was on sale for 21 so i snagged one even though i only play casually now. logitech makes good stuff, although the skills of the gamer is always more important.

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #30 of 62
Love my G5, I used to use it all the time when I played CS competitively. I tried out various Razer products, but never really liked them. I couldn't get used to the design, and having to use my index/middle finger to move the mouse, instead of thumb/ring finger.

If its skipping: let us know what surface you have it on, sometimes they have issues reading on certain surfaces.
I've always used mine on a Steelpad5L, which is a gorgeous mousepad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back