All about the Gaming mouse...a Buyer's guide (Mouse-fi)
Mar 19, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #33 of 62
Been playing TFC (very fast paced HL1 mod) for the past 8 years. I use high sensitivity, printer paper for a mouse pad, and the MX518. Great mouse.

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #34 of 62
Been playing CS1.6 for years. I thought the MX518 mouse was the end all for mice (I see many in here are attracted to them as well) but after my mouse wore out I decided to try the G15 (two side button type). I was impressed by the build quality and liked the new mouse, you can match the weight to the MX518 and the standard feet on the mouse worked better on my icemat than the mx518

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #35 of 62
Used to play for about 5 years with a MX510 and bought another one when I thought I needed a fresh start. Then I tried out a Lachesis and another Razer mouse but very fast went back to a MX518. Setpoint software that comes with it is solid but I miss an adjustable polling rate. At default the MX518 works at 125mhz and to me its a big difference upping it to 500mhz. Theres a really nice tool that increases the polling rate to 1000mhz max. A must have imo.

Mar 26, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #36 of 62
Deathadder forever.. until the Mamba comes out
biggrin.gif
. No other company has a feature as useful as Razer's on the fly sensitivity change.

Quote:

Issue with Wireless: Waves travel faster in Solids than in Air. So Wireless Mouse will always have a Slower Response Rate.

You do know that wireless and bluetooth use microwaves right? That's electromagnetic radiation... They don't travel through mediums. Wireless technology isn't limited by the speed of the wave (it travels at the speed of light btw), its limited by the amount of data that can be encoded in the wave and the distance over which the wave can be received as well as interference from other electromagnetic radiation which adds noise to the wave making it harder to decode.

Also, electromagnetic waves actually travel slower through solids.

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #37 of 62
I use a MX518, which I got after my MX510's right mouse button stopped clicking. When I game (rarely now) I actually hold it with a sort of mix of the claw and palm grip, and the design works well for this unconventional grip. The adjustable sensitivity is very useful when sniping! You know how some games have a built-in shakiness when you use a scope, going down to the lowest dpi really counteracts this!

Mar 29, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #38 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomiccow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deathadder forever.. until the Mamba comes out
biggrin.gif
. No other company has a feature as useful as Razer's on the fly sensitivity change.

You do know that wireless and bluetooth use microwaves right? That's electromagnetic radiation... They don't travel through mediums. Wireless technology isn't limited by the speed of the wave (it travels at the speed of light btw), its limited by the amount of data that can be encoded in the wave and the distance over which the wave can be received as well as interference from other electromagnetic radiation which adds noise to the wave making it harder to decode.

Also, electromagnetic waves actually travel slower through solids.

wireless devices have slower response due to additional processing required by the receiver chip to decode the input.

ya that statement was technically wrong.. i ll correct it.

Mar 29, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #39 of 62
i ve added this to my blogs ...because its my longest post on head-fi

Mar 30, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #40 of 62
I used to play "America's Army" on my Macbook with the trackpad.

I was pretty good at it. Then they got rid of the Mac version
frown.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #41 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to play "America's Army" on my Macbook with the trackpad.

I was pretty good at it. Then they got rid of the Mac version
frown.gif

Lol ouch. Mac never gets any love when it comes to pc games. At least you still have WoW...

Apr 2, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #42 of 62
Are you Sujoy? If not then why are you copying his article? Really lame.

Apr 2, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #43 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice guide.

He just copy/pasted most of this stuff.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #44 of 62
I have the G5 and the MX518 and the G5 when balanced, (if you don't balance it then your a fool) seems to glide more smoothly and has more weight to it in general, making it easier to pin point exactly where you want the pointer to go. Flip side of this is because of the added weight the G5 is more tiresome for day to day use. As for wireless, I bought the G5 because the battery in my MX1000 made the mouse too heavy for gaming and it seems to me that having the adjustable weight is a better feature than wireless.

iriverdude, if you ever play any shooting games then using the "DPI" button can come in handy if you have a chance to do long range targeting like you can with Farcry when zooming with a scope.

I wish someone would develop a mouse that really does fill the palm so we could move away from fingertip mousing. They all claim to be ergonomic but that is with your fingertips past the pressure point for the left and right keys, this causes you to float your hand instead of letting it rest on the mouse.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #45 of 62
Quote:

iriverdude, if you ever play any shooting games then using the "DPI" button can come in handy if you have a chance to do long range targeting like you can with Farcry when zooming with a scope.

I've played most of the FPS games, seem to cope fine in sniping mode in default middle DPI LED. Never used the Logitech "Advanced Game Settings" either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back