Aliexpress Cables
Nov 11, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #1,711 of 4,401
I think, those were legit R1’s .. The price really went down due to the lows on Japanese Yen...

Capture_2022_10_15_20_02_00_571.png
As stated, I’ve used these over and over during the years since 2009, the ones he picked up on eBay looked legit to me as well.
1668208014506.jpeg

Nov 11, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #1,712 of 4,401
I think, those were legit R1’s .. The price really went down due to the lows on Japanese Yen...

Capture_2022_10_15_20_02_00_571.png
Not for long Japanese yen just hit the 139 to $1 mark, coming back strong.

Nov 11, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #1,713 of 4,401
Just an update with this.

I recently received some copper washers from ali and replaced the stainless steel washers where the y spades and ring terminals connect to the pcb. And of course nano liquid in between all contact points. The retail price on the nano liquid has gone up to $190 btw.

After some burn in time the sound has changed a bit, pretty much only improved. Dynamics all around are extremely punchy. Separation, soundstage, depth in particular has improved quite a bit. Listening with my focal clears, its indistinguishable from speakers at this point. Bass has also increased from before burn in, which is surprising, I thought it would calm down a bit. It hits absurdly hard with the denon d7200s.

I must reiterate that the only thing in my audio chain that is connected to this plc is my pc.

I regret being a cheap bastage with the 14awg and not getting the 12awg neotech occ copper wire.

20221029_003113.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #1,714 of 4,401
Just an update with this.

I recently received some copper washers from ali and replaced the stainless steel washers where the y spades and ring terminals connect to the pcb. And of course nano liquid in between all contact points. The retail price on the nano liquid has gone up to $190 btw.

After some burn in time the sound has changed a bit, pretty much only improved. Dynamics all around are extremely punchy. Separation, soundstage, depth in particular has improved quite a bit. Listening with my focal clears, its indistinguishable from speakers at this point. Bass has also increased from before burn in, which is surprising, I thought it would calm down a bit. It hits absurdly hard with the denon d7200s.

I must reiterate that the only thing in my audio chain that is connected to this plc is my pc.

I regret being a cheap bastage with the 14awg and not getting the 12awg neotech occ copper wire.

Viborg red copper spades……., way to go, and don’t feel bad about buying the smaller gauge neotech wires, as they seem to fit said spades | application nicely.

Yet I’d have added several 1/2” layers of shrink wrap from the midpoint of the lower hex screw to the central location beneath the opening of the spade itself, it would look tidier, as well as prevent the wires themselves from being exposed to oxygen.
1668210863648.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #1,715 of 4,401
Your welcome……, yet I’d wager if something is heard nicely through tube amplification, it should offer a slightly different, but not worth sound on solid state gear, other than the legit NordOst cabling which I’ve come to believe was designed primarily at the time to bring about strengths in pure SET based systems, where they tend to lack nimbleness | top end sparkle, much like in the old days of classic sounding tube gear, relied upon brands like Telefunken | GE | Raytheon to compliment their weaknesses, and restore a sense of balance to the presentation.

The brand Argento, for the most part has remained very very popular amongst East Asian based music lovers, primarily because most love tube gear, and secondly if one was to look closer at the music they listen to….., it isn’t very challenging to say the least, as they tend to like acoustic based instruments, like woodwinds | an occasional drum here or there, and are absolutely smitten with piano trio type recordings, so in that sense none challenging to a cable that’s voiced to spotlight instruments above all else, vocalist need not apply.
Ops, I'm talking about the Argento Flow IC cable. Now soldered make from USB ONE 2 (the same as for the speakers, the same as the IC cable odin 2 ) and so I soldered the DC cable going from the power Linear sp to my DAC. A completely different "opera" coming out of the speakers. The bass became legible, vibrating, the no compression , more air, more clear no plastic echos on mids, it plays like my DIY cable, but better, much better . The piano began to sound harmonious, .....

I have unhappy neighbors, since I often test short fragments on different records, I can poke for a long time song by song testing my sound system :)
Sorry ARGENTO .
Best if I clean up my all negative posts about Argento .

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #1,716 of 4,401
Ops, I'm talking about the Argento Flow IC cable. Now soldered make from USB ONE 2 (the same as for the speakers, the same as the IC cable odin 2 ) and so I soldered the DC cable going from the power Linear sp to my DAC. A completely different "opera" coming out of the speakers. The bass became legible, vibrating, the no compression , more air, more clear no plastic echos on mids, it plays like my DIY cable, but better, much better . The piano began to sound harmonious, .....

I have unhappy neighbors, since I often test short fragments on different records, I can poke for a long time song by song testing my sound system :)
Sorry ARGENTO .
Best if I clean up my all negative posts about Argento .
Adjust said remarks accordingly | just enough it. Neighbors and all.
1668214566479.png

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #1,717 of 4,401
Wow. A small DC wire made from ODIN 2 IC, miracles. I don't know where to go next. I'm listening to a Deep Perple concert ("The Now What! Live Tapes (CD1, VICP-70192), just fly away, I'm at a concert, Argento separates the instruments very clearly, the tonal, balance is excellent. I need a time to listen, after a while ideas for improvement will begin again.:)

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #1,719 of 4,401
Guys, need some help. I opened Odin Gold plug to apply the Nano Liquid but had some issue putting this plastic piece back (see arrow).
Any advice how to put it back properly?
very simple, throw it away, you don't need it, I didn't have it on mine . Apparently it was put in order to secure the wire when the internal bolts are crimped and going to wire

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #1,720 of 4,401
You’re more than welcome young man. And while I can’t speak on the clone Argento Flow IC’s, I’ve owned the real Organic pure copper IC’s from this company back in 2016, yet over the years have disc in my system copper simply rolls off to much detail, especially at the very top end, and while I’ve ended up with both the Odin 2 Silver standard IC’s | XLR IC’s | Odin Gold IC’s, none of them have made it into the system quite yet, as I’m reluctant to remove my pure silver Yannis Tome 222Connect Litz IC’s, once again……, they’ve just fitted perfectly as how I wanted “ Mi-Fi “ final voicing.

Now onto changing out a few power plug connectors | add a couple of grounding cables | I’m set.
1668185351680.jpeg

What cable is it?

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #1,721 of 4,401
Guys, need some help. I opened Odin Gold plug to apply the Nano Liquid but had some issue putting this plastic piece back (see arrow).
Any advice how to put it back properly?
IMG_7828.jpg
I experienced the same thing. What I eventually figured out is where to place the clear sleeve before sliding the shell back in place. Its a b*tch but can be done. Must be patient while doing it.

I see the Oyaide EMI tape and know you applied the Nano Liquid. How does it sound to you after these two tweaks?

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #1,722 of 4,401
I experienced the same thing. What I eventually figured out is where to place the clear sleeve before sliding the shell back in place. Its a b*tch but can be done. Must be patient while doing it.

I see the Oyaide EMI tape and know you applied the Nano Liquid. How does it sound to you after these two tweaks?
Noise was reduced. Background becomes darker.
And Nano does make the music sounds more LIVE and natural. Loving it so far

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #1,723 of 4,401
Nice. Now curious, where else within your system did you apply the Nano Liquid?

Nov 11, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #1,725 of 4,401
If they only knew how dramatic an improvement it can make...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back