Aliexpress Cables
Nov 11, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #1,696 of 4,422
Yes, I look like the girl Masha from the tale of the three bears. :) Now I'm stuffing the basket on aliexpress. The fact is that I now have an Argento Flow RCA interconnect cable, but I want to buy ODIN 2 instead, I hope that what is now cutting my ear will go away. Naturally, the presentation of the music will change, so now I don't like the low-frequency register, and the middle in three-dimensionality is a bit naughty with a microphone echo a little This did not happen with my DIY cable, but there were other bad distortions in the sound.

Thanks everyone for the help with the power outlets , I'll have a coffee now and post another interesting question about buying cables.
I would maybe try the Siltech knockoff if i were you.

Nov 11, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #1,697 of 4,422
I would maybe try the Siltech knockoff if i were you.
I filled the basket with some of the outlets what recommended here. Can you provide a link please.

When there are several different duplexes nearby, I can choose what I need, their price is small, if something goes wrong, the refrigerator will freeze better with an audiophile outlet. :)

Nov 11, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #1,698 of 4,422
Yes, I look like the girl Masha from the tale of the three bears. :) Now I'm stuffing the basket on aliexpress. The fact is that I now have an Argento Flow RCA interconnect cable, but I want to buy ODIN 2 instead, I hope that what is now cutting my ear will go away. Naturally, the presentation of the music will change, so now I don't like the low-frequency register, and the middle in three-dimensionality is a bit naughty with a microphone echo a little This did not happen with my DIY cable, but there were other bad distortions in the sound.

Thanks everyone for the help with the power outlets , I'll have a coffee now and post another interesting question about buying cables.
You’re more than welcome young man. And while I can’t speak on the clone Argento Flow IC’s, I’ve owned the real Organic pure copper IC’s from this company back in 2016, yet over the years have disc in my system copper simply rolls off to much detail, especially at the very top end, and while I’ve ended up with both the Odin 2 Silver standard IC’s | XLR IC’s | Odin Gold IC’s, none of them have made it into the system quite yet, as I’m reluctant to remove my pure silver Yannis Tome 222Connect Litz IC’s, once again……, they’ve just fitted perfectly as how I wanted “ Mi-Fi “ final voicing.

Now onto changing out a few power plug connectors | add a couple of grounding cables | I’m set.
1668185351680.jpeg

Nov 11, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #1,699 of 4,422
I filled the basket with some of the outlets what recommended here. Can you provide a link please.

When there are several different duplexes nearby, I can choose what I need, their price is small, if something goes wrong, the refrigerator will freeze better with an audiophile outlet. :)
Once again, I’ve more or less been a cable | isolation footer hoarder since 2000, and while in my system, based upon what’s hears with my ears | felt with my heart ( as I tend to use both to gauge just how any given component sounds | feels from both a sonic or emotional standpoint, before settling on any of them ) and admittedly much prefer the sound of pure silver, followed by silver plated copper IC’s, I came across via friend, one pair of pure copper IC’s, which stood out, and I’m talking what I consider as my 3rd best sounding cables at the time, as shown here:

https://zavfinousa.com/collections/audio-interconnects/products/arcadia-pc-occ-interconnect-cable

And as I’ve owned real Siltech Explorer Series I90 IC’s, let’s just say they were sold years ago, it’s hard to imagine the cloned versions being any better, but it’s not in me to knock someone else‘s recommendations, I only can speak truthfully on what I’ve heard | owned.

Nov 11, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #1,700 of 4,422
Once again, I’ve more or less been a cable | isolation footer hoarder since 2000, and while in my system, based upon what’s hears with my ears | felt with my heart ( as I tend to use both to gauge just how any given component sounds | feels from both a sonic or emotional standpoint, before settling on any of them ) and admittedly much prefer the sound of pure silver, followed by silver plated copper IC’s, I came across via friend, one pair of pure copper IC’s, which stood out, and I’m talking what I consider as my 3rd best sounding cables at the time, as shown here:

https://zavfinousa.com/collections/audio-interconnects/products/arcadia-pc-occ-interconnect-cable

And as I’ve owned real Siltech Explorer Series I90 IC’s, let’s just say they were sold years ago, it’s hard to imagine the cloned versions being any better, but it’s not in me to knock someone else‘s recommendations, I only can speak truthfully on what I’ve heard | owned.
Thanks for the young man. I think that Argento Flow clones have original cables, there were comparisons on other forums, I gave a link, the Chinese will not copy what was not in production.
I heard Argento original on tube monoblocks and then I noticed that the sound was a bit choked, like in a muffled room, everything else was just music, three-dimensionality, i can see, touch the musicians with your hands. Argento smooths out the sound well making it musical, clearly creates a three-dimensional stage. It is created with a good dark background. A lot good things , but for me the bass is not too detailed, but for tuba amps it will be imperceptible.
I listen to some compression in the sound, there is less air. on the tube amp it will not be noticeable.

Nov 11, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #1,701 of 4,422

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004504586462.html

But I haven't tried them. I have the speaker cables and one power cable. They are awesome.

This should also be considered in this price range. It is a good bet, i own two of their ACSS cables:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123701363134

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,702 of 4,422
Thanks for the young man. I think that Argento Flow clones have original cables, there were comparisons on other forums, I gave a link, the Chinese will not copy what was not in production.
I heard Argento original on tube monoblocks and then I noticed that the sound was a bit choked, like in a muffled room, everything else was just music, three-dimensionality, i can see, touch the musicians with your hands. Argento smooths out the sound well making it musical, clearly creates a three-dimensional stage. It is created with a good dark background. A lot good things , but for me the bass is not too detailed, but for tuba amps it will be imperceptible.
I listen to some compression in the sound, there is less air. on the tube amp it will not be noticeable.
Your welcome……, yet I’d wager if something is heard nicely through tube amplification, it should offer a slightly different, but not worth sound on solid state gear, other than the legit NordOst cabling which I’ve come to believe was designed primarily at the time to bring about strengths in pure SET based systems, where they tend to lack nimbleness | top end sparkle, much like in the old days of classic sounding tube gear, relied upon brands like Telefunken | GE | Raytheon to compliment their weaknesses, and restore a sense of balance to the presentation.

The brand Argento, for the most part has remained very very popular amongst East Asian based music lovers, primarily because most love tube gear, and secondly if one was to look closer at the music they listen to….., it isn’t very challenging to say the least, as they tend to like acoustic based instruments, like woodwinds | an occasional drum here or there, and are absolutely smitten with piano trio type recordings, so in that sense none challenging to a cable that’s voiced to spotlight instruments above all else, vocalist need not apply.
1668190748457.jpeg

Nov 11, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #1,703 of 4,422
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004504586462.html

But I haven't tried them. I have the speaker cables and one power cable. They are awesome.

This should also be considered in this price range. It is a good bet, i own two of their ACSS cables:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123701363134
Nice recommendation….., these happen to be some very nice sounding pure silver IC’s. As for the random photos, I view them as audio prone, or eye candy if you’ll, as most people over the years on other forums I’ve been active since 1998, know it’s my way of just trying to add a bit of favor to my responses.
1668190840671.jpeg

Nov 11, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #1,704 of 4,422
Nov 11, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #1,705 of 4,422
I don't feel so comfortable. Yesterday I made an offer for this two power outlets, Oyaide R1 on ebay and today the seller agreed 2x $100, and I have already read many forums where the sound rating of these duplexes was divided into two groups for and against.
Looks legit on my end……, the rainbow looking seal is a tell tale sign on their packing ( boxes ) is hard to copy. And seeming they’re being sold stateside versus somewhere in China, is a bonus.
1668195977865.jpeg

Nov 11, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #1,706 of 4,422
I don't feel so comfortable. Yesterday I made an offer for this two power outlets, Oyaide R1 on ebay and today the seller agreed 2x $100, and I have already read many forums where the sound rating of these duplexes was divided into two groups for and against.

When in doubt?, ask the seller to cancel your order, if he hasn’t shipped them that is?, as you’re the one whom decides what you want, not the other way around…., and while it might take longer to arrive, go with this one first:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354254554144?epid=1741120245&hash=item527b378420:g:xXYAAOSw5V5i-hRI&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoDeRisnNkc0tCr4aop2Egki9siSui+k+bqHqQK4b4BbfO9RmrNBAhkj8nkMOhga5F4y3SlVXvLc5IHApTNRq5mfPzYah87mWbUSQy14fjrbj3MCYtLA/ihujtxWbEptq7UAYXHvXbJ9FDmjxJVmGgOG28gKXJdhc9x4WY66c+nSQ9YxvzB3Vpzxc6F0LgCQwdgVaeAMbRp/epxm3dJ5HVGc=|tkp:Bk9SR7i284ONYQ

Having spent 9 years of my youth stationed in Japan, I can say they aren’t into deception, and are very very honorable people, it’s some of the other culture, which I find are the biggest liars.

After having tried the R0, and only if you feel you want a slightly warmer | creamier presentation?, then pursue an R1 with a vengeance.
1668196632796.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #1,708 of 4,422
Now the topic and questions will be about speaker cables.
And so, I already wrote but I will repeat.
My active speakers have a short wire length inside the speaker itself and wires are suitable for each speaker from the individual amplifiers. Three way system. I want to change the wires from the amplifier to the speakers.

Chose the following options.:

Odin 2, cable for speakers, it is the same cable that goes as an interconnect and as a USB cable .
The wire itself for DIY is sale more expensive than ready-made with connectors at the ends. I think to take the interconnect ODIN 2 and put it for the speakers. What are its advantages:

1 Shielded, the shield can be passive, not connected, it is unique in that it has minimal contact with the dielectric like Valhalla.
In principle, this is the same Valhalla but with a silver screen.
Another question is whether to put 15AWG on one wire in the screen from Odin 2 power cable to the LF woofer or will it create a greater reverse flow of electricity from the speaker to the transistors?

I am also considering a cable for speakers like Valhalla without a screen.

What do you think and advise.?
What size wire is needed for different speakers?

Attachments

• ODIN 2 IC.jpg
    ODIN 2 IC.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 1.02.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 1.02.25 PM.png
    404.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 4.02.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 4.02.52 PM.png
    911.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 4.00.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 4.00.34 PM.png
    723.8 KB · Views: 0
Nov 11, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #1,709 of 4,422
Now the topic and questions will be about speaker cables.
And so, I already wrote but I will repeat.
My active speakers have a short wire length inside the speaker itself and wires are suitable for each speaker from the individual amplifiers. Three way system. I want to change the wires from the amplifier to the speakers.

Chose the following options.:

Odin 2, cable for speakers, it is the same cable that goes as an interconnect and as a USB cable .
The wire itself for DIY is sale more expensive than ready-made with connectors at the ends. I think to take the interconnect ODIN 2 and put it for the speakers. What are its advantages:

1 Shielded, the shield can be passive, not connected, it is unique in that it has minimal contact with the dielectric like Valhalla.
In principle, this is the same Valhalla but with a silver screen.
Another question is whether to put 15AWG on one wire in the screen from Odin 2 power cable to the LF woofer or will it create a greater reverse flow of electricity from the speaker to the transistors?

I am also considering a cable for speakers like Valhalla without a screen.

What do you think and advise.?
What size wire is needed for different speakers?
A few reviews said that Odin wire is excellent for interconnects but didn’t perform well as a speaker cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back