Aliexpress Cables
Nov 10, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #1,682 of 4,456
Got a grouding box, a small one, that i hooked up to my balanced isolation transformer via a 4x20awg shielded silver-plated copper ( 14awg total) cable that i wrapped with copper tape, to improve shielding. And then put banana plugs and a jacket. Seems to improve the sound, it is so smooth and detailed. But i made many other changes since i listened to this album (Joao Gilberto, Chega De Saudade), i am not sure.

IMG_20221110_161531.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #1,683 of 4,456
Got a grouding box, a small one, that i hooked up to my balanced isolation transformer via a 4x20awg shielded silver-plated copper ( 14awg total) cable i wrapped it with copper tape, to improve shielding. And then put banana plugs and a jacket. Seems to improve the sound, it is so smooth and detailed. But i made many other change since i listened to this album (Joao Gilberto, Chega De Saudade), i am not sure.

IMG_20221110_161531.jpg
Nice! That grounding box needs a few days to "stabilize" as well...

Nov 10, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #1,684 of 4,456
Now that think about it, i listened to this album last night, just some tracks. My impression is the background is clearly blacker with the box. Depth and layering are great. But the volume is higher than normal so again it's not apples to apples.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #1,686 of 4,456
Hello cdacosta. Yes, I have a US standard power outlet. With a power outlet, I became interested the other day. I don’t even know the budget, if there are real improvements, I’ll willingly empty my pocket but at reasonable prices. thanks for the help
Like anything audio whether it be gear, cabling many tweaks, etc. usually there is a sonic signature or colorization. Once you start to get into more sensitive and sonically superior components and setups, AC outlets can have a big sonic impact. Over the years I have listened to or experimented with I think just about every Furutech, Oyaide and some other mainstream alternatives like the Hubbell (and they do have a few variants that are tweaked by different audio companies). AC outlets to varying degrees also impart a sonic signature. To my ears, all that I have heard are colored except one outlet. The least colored and transparent outlet is the Maestro. Now the Maestro feels and looks like a inexpensive hospital grade outlet, but sonically sounds very good. The popular Oyaide R1 has a sweetish colorization, especially in the mids. I also like Furutech pure copper, un-plated outlets which are not expensive. To the above adding a carbon fiber face plate also works well.

Higher priced outlets are extremely well built, non-magnetic and look impressive. But does not mean sonically will match well with a well tuned system. The ones I mentioned above I feel are the safest in my humble opinion.

Nov 10, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #1,687 of 4,456
Hello cdacosta. Yes, I have a US standard power outlet. With a power outlet, I became interested the other day. I don’t even know the budget, if there are real improvements, I’ll willingly empty my pocket but at reasonable prices. thanks for the help
By the way, I have found the more complex the plating is the more coloration is heard. In some systems the owner may be looking for such a coloration like the Oyaide R1, but some of the multi level plated outlets "to me" sound off and not natural. YMMV

Nov 10, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #1,688 of 4,456
Like anything audio whether it be gear, cabling many tweaks, etc. usually there is a sonic signature or colorization. Once you start to get into more sensitive and sonically superior components and setups, AC outlets can have a big sonic impact. Over the years I have listened to or experimented with I think just about every Furutech, Oyaide and some other mainstream alternatives like the Hubbell (and they do have a few variants that are tweaked by different audio companies). AC outlets to varying degrees also impart a sonic signature. To my ears, all that I have heard are colored except one outlet. The least colored and transparent outlet is the Maestro. Now the Maestro feels and looks like a inexpensive hospital grade outlet, but sonically sounds very good. The popular Oyaide R1 has a sweetish colorization, especially in the mids. I also like Furutech pure copper, un-plated outlets which are not expensive. To the above adding a carbon fiber face plate also works well.

Higher priced outlets are extremely well built, non-magnetic and look impressive. But does not mean sonically will match well with a well tuned system. The ones I mentioned above I feel are the safest in my humble opinion.

Thanks cdscosta I'll post tomorrow. I took a quick look, Maestro outlets product store Loves? Tomorrow I will look for information. Power outlets took longer to find than other components.

Nov 11, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #1,689 of 4,456
Nov 11, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #1,692 of 4,456
This one is really good for the price ATM 2255800795369439
Oyaide R1 Receptacle Outlet
I don't feel so comfortable. Yesterday I made an offer for this two power outlets, Oyaide R1 on ebay and today the seller agreed 2x $100, and I have already read many forums where the sound rating of these duplexes was divided into two groups for and against.

Nov 11, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #1,694 of 4,456
I don't feel so comfortable. Yesterday I made an offer for this two power outlets, Oyaide R1 on ebay and today the seller agreed 2x $100, and I have already read many forums where the sound rating of these duplexes was divided into two groups for and against.
As I own once again both the Oyaide R1 | R0 outlets and love them both, I’d add as mentioned above the R1 offers a more warmer sense of tonality within the mids, whereas the R1 offers greater low end impact | and view the CruzFirst Maestro as a third alternative favor wise, it merely comes down to how you wish to voice the overall balance of your system long term?, much like the story of Goldilocks and the three bears, one’s to hard | ones to soft, and one being just right holds true with audio accessories as well. In truth….., even more so.
1668181697594.jpeg

My ad on said Oyaide R0, as it seems I had two of these items laying around, as I tend to buy things more than once, and forget I already have them:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details...eceptacle-carbon-fiber-aluminum-outlet-cover/

Nov 11, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #1,695 of 4,456
As I own once again both the Oyaide R1 | R0 outlets and love them both, I’d add as mentioned above the R1 offers a more warmer sense of tonality within the mids, whereas the R1 offers greater low end impact | and view the CruzFirst Maestro as a third alternative favor wise, it merely comes down to how you wish to voice the overall balance of your system long term?, much like the story of Goldilocks and the three bears, one’s to hard | ones to soft, and one being just right holds true with audio accessories as well. In truth….., even more so.
1668181697594.jpeg
My ad on said Oyaide R0, as it seems I had two of these items laying around, as I tend to buy things more than once, and forget I already have them:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details...eceptacle-carbon-fiber-aluminum-outlet-cover/
Yes, I look like the girl Masha from the tale of the three bears. :) Now I'm stuffing the basket on aliexpress. The fact is that I now have an Argento Flow RCA interconnect cable, but I want to buy ODIN 2 instead, I hope that what is now cutting my ear will go away. Naturally, the presentation of the music will change, so now I don't like the low-frequency register, and the middle in three-dimensionality is a bit naughty with a microphone echo a little This did not happen with my DIY cable, but there were other bad distortions in the sound.

Thanks everyone for the help with the power outlets , I'll have a coffee now and post another interesting question about buying cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back