Aliexpress Cables
Sep 7, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #752 of 4,401
For a reference sound, is it better to just buy silver cables?
I plan to make YouTube reviews about headphones using Questyle CMA 400i (still waiting for its arrival) as DAC/AMP and preamp for my monoblocks (to test hungry planars like HE6seV2).
I received this coaxial cable yesterday but I can't use it yet as my DDC is with a friend.
On Friday, I'll be able to compare it to a "generic" coaxial from AliExpress.

Thanks in advance,

Gui

Attachments

• photo_2022-09-07_09-20-43.jpg
    photo_2022-09-07_09-20-43.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 8, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #754 of 4,401
For a reference sound, is it better to just buy silver cables?
I plan to make YouTube reviews about headphones using Questyle CMA 400i (still waiting for its arrival) as DAC/AMP and preamp for my monoblocks (to test hungry planars like HE6seV2).
I received this coaxial cable yesterday but I can't use it yet as my DDC is with a friend.
On Friday, I'll be able to compare it to a "generic" coaxial from AliExpress.

Thanks in advance,

Gui
Looks the same as mine but mine has the darker brown wood block that says odin 2, its probably the same though.

Sep 9, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #755 of 4,401
Just a heads up regarding that gold odin power cable i bought from a seller named goltech on aliexpress.

He shipped me a cable with missing parts. Missing screws in the connector and no wire tensioner, so basically the connector is held on by the strength of the clamped wires which is pretty dangerous.

I asked to return the item, he said I'll send screws. I said I'd be more comfortable returning the item. So he said to return the item on my dime which is like $50, i filed a dispute with aliexpress, they rejected my claim for some reason. So i filed a dispute with my cc company.

Just a heads up, may want to avoid this seller.

Sep 9, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #757 of 4,401
Hi guys!

The seller from HIFI store - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/405877 - will make the Nordost cable with USB-C.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005..._list.0.0.fb5dcaa4J3rb5z&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

That one with USB C -- USB B.

:)
Glad to hear but I am afraid that usb c connection is not firm enough compared to usb a to withstand that thick and stiff cable... but still very tempting so I may end up buying one. I was initially eyeing on the silver plated ofc from xangsane cable, which comes in B C connection option as well.

Sep 9, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #758 of 4,401
Glad to hear but I am afraid that usb c connection is not firm enough compared to usb a to withstand that thick and stiff cable... but still very tempting so I may end up buying one. I was initially eyeing on the silver plated ofc from xangsane cable, which comes in B C connection option as well.
Forgot about that. That cable is crazy thick and heavy, it might snap off at the connector with even a light touch.

Sep 9, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #759 of 4,401
Hello All. Very nice thread indeed...

From reading thru the thread: I see you guys really went all-in on Odins ) Yes, I remember that fake Odin2 12 core silver plated XLR was another eye-opener back in the day… IMHO, Odin2 12 core USB AND 12 core XLRs are the best, but the AC Odin2 was nothing special. From my experience with AC cables on Ali, I should say: Odin2 < AQ Wel < AQ Dragon (I own both versions the source & high current) < Siltech triple crown solid silver… Maybe Odin2 was nothing special due to the “Synergy” aspect of my system, but replacing it with the AQ Dragon on my Amp made huge jump in SQ...

The best cables I came across were: Siltech triple crown XLR, Speaker Cables and AC power cord… They are just awesome.
Speaking of shopping Asian markets, due to the lows on Japanese Yen, shopping in Japan is exciting as well as in China again ) I ordered that FURUTECH Contact Rejuvenator Nano Liquid for 90 USD Plan to replace my old Monosaudio AC receptacle soon) Thanks for the heads up on that …

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #760 of 4,401

From reading thru the thread: I see you guys really went all-in on Odins ) Yes, I remember that fake Odin2 12 core silver plated XLR was another eye-opener back in the day… IMHO, Odin2 12 core USB AND 12 core XLRs are the best, but the AC Odin2 was nothing special. From my experience with AC cables on Ali, I should say: Odin2 < AQ Wel < AQ Dragon (I own both versions the source & high current) < Siltech triple crown solid silver… Maybe Odin2 was nothing special due to the “Synergy” aspect of my system, but replacing it with the AQ Dragon on my Amp made huge jump in SQ...

The best cables I came across were: Siltech triple crown XLR, Speaker Cables and AC power cord… They are just awesome.
Speaking of shopping Asian markets, due to the lows on Japanese Yen, shopping in Japan is exciting as well as in China again ) I ordered that FURUTECH Contact Rejuvenator Nano Liquid for 90 USD Plan to replace my old Monosaudio AC receptacle soon) Thanks for the heads up on that …
I was wondering about those AQ and siltech cables.

I think even the fake market scales in performance lol.

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #761 of 4,401

Any link to look at the siltech?

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #762 of 4,401
I was wondering about those AQ and siltech cables.

I think even the fake market scales in performance lol.
Speaking of Siltech triple crown, I think they are like 70-80 % of the original . And the Original speaker cable has 77 K price tag … If one would purchase original Furutech FI-50 NCFs in Japan and replace the fake ones on Siltech trpl crown solid silver power cord that would bring fake Siltech so close to the original … It definitely would be over that 70% mark … And the original got crazy price tag of 15-20 K USD .

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #764 of 4,401

Users who are viewing this thread

Back