Aliexpress Cables
Sep 9, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #766 of 4,456
I bought my argento xlrs from him which sound great but for cheaper stuff he drags his feet.

For 3 weeks he didn't ship my order, then sent it on the last day express international which I got in 3 days.

When I ordered the knockoff gryphon cable from him, he made a shipping label so I couldnt cancel it then for 3.5 weeks kept telling me, I'll ship it tomorrow, in 2 days, in 2 days, then I had to file a claim because he stopped answering my messages.

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #767 of 4,456
I bought my argento xlrs from him which sound great but for cheaper stuff he drags his feet.

For 3 weeks he didn't ship my order, then sent it on the last day express international which I got in 3 days.

When I ordered the knockoff gryphon cable from him, he made a shipping label so I couldnt cancel it then for 3.5 weeks kept telling me, I'll ship it tomorrow, in 2 days, in 2 days, then I had to file a claim because he stopped answering my messages.
Yes they all do that… They still have some heavy “Plandemic” restrictions in China so some really slow on the shipping. But… but this guy loves to bargain and sends pay-pal invoices on purchases over 100 USD (No sales Tax)… I think, I spent over 3 K at the store. Yes they slow but I have received all goods. All were good quality…

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #768 of 4,456
Yes they all do that… They still have some heavy “Plandemic” restrictions in China so some really slow on the shipping. But… but this guy loves to bargain and sends pay-pal invoices on purchases over 100 USD (No sales Tax)… I think, I spent over 3 K at the store. Yes they slow but I have received all goods. All were good quality…
Interesting, have not tried the Siltech and AQ clones. But a couple of others that I know personally have tried the AQ Wel said the Odin 2 Gold was better to them. I do think synergy to the rest of the system makes a big difference.

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #769 of 4,456
Interesting, have not tried the Siltech and AQ clones. But a couple of others that I know personally have tried the AQ Wel said the Odin 2 Gold was better to them. I do think synergy to the rest of the system makes a big difference.
IMHO, The Gold Odin2 is a spinoff of that Silver Odin2. I would guess, they just changed the color of foil and plug… While going thru the thread I saw some pics of Gold Odin2 were the core seems to be just plain Valhalla wire ( green and red strains inside clear insulator) . Valhalla wire is one level down from Odin 1. I think they have a few different versions of Gold Odin2 and it’s almost impossible to tell which version they are selling…

Regarding AQ Dragons: yep they have crappy plugs, but the wire is awesome and impossible to bend. I might change all plugs one day on my 3 Dragons…

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #770 of 4,456
IMHO, The Gold Odin2 is a spinoff of that Silver Odin2. I would guess, they just changed the color of foil and plug… While going thru the thread I saw some pics of Gold Odin2 were the core seems to be just plain Valhalla wire ( green and red strains inside clear insulator) . Valhalla wire is one level down from Odin 1. I think they have a few different versions of Gold Odin2 and it’s almost impossible to tell which version they are selling…

Regarding AQ Dragons: yep they have crappy plugs, but the wire is awesome and impossible to bend. I might change all plugs one day on my 3 Dragons…
I have Odin 2 and Odin Gold XLR and power cables. They are the same aside foils and connectors. The sound difference I am fairly sure are the plug platings. They definitely sound different. Interestingly enough an entire or almost entire system of the cabling sound better than just having one or two in the system. I have a good mix of these cables and other high end cables to play with. And in the headphone rig I really like these cables.

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #771 of 4,456
I have Odin 2 and Odin Gold XLR and power cables. They are the same aside foils and connectors. The sound difference I am fairly sure are the plug platings. They definitely sound different. Interestingly enough an entire or almost entire system of the cabling sound better than just having one or two in the system. I have a good mix of these cables and other high end cables to play with. And in the headphone rig I really like these cables.
I have Odin2 AC cable and Odin2 XLRs. Sold Odin 1 (Less cores than Odin2) with my old amp. Yep, it's all about Synergy and so much depends on the gears... Since I personally confirmed $150 AQ Wel XLR beats the original $750 AQ Water (And some say it beats AQ Fire with 3.5 K tag) no way I will be buying any more "originals" from AQ ... The 70% mark Good quality fake VS original is real . I bet most of the Brand names get the metals from the same source - China ))

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #772 of 4,456
Sep 10, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #773 of 4,456
Price wise, I think I'll stick with the odin gold power cable i'm trying. $626-4,550? The humor of their store name "Cheap" being put in all the pictures is unintended, most likely :). $4550 for a knock off cable on aliexpress? I'm sure it may be a bargain comparatively somewhere, but it's not for me.
This cable is Tha King of all knockoffs. Hence the price )

Sep 10, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #774 of 4,456
Well, just chiming in...my Odin cables are continuing to burn in nicely and the mids are greatly clarifying and becoming a lot more transparent, thankfully! The mids had me worried but that congestion seems to be just evaporating.... The Odin gold and the silver have about 500 hours on them... the gold xlr about 375.

Sep 10, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #775 of 4,456
Purchased “Pure Silver CAT8 Ethernet Network Cable 40Gbps 2000MH RJ45 Patch Cord for HiFi Audio” here…Awaiting delivery / will post the results after burn-in …
This time it will be: The Original AQ Vodka CAT8 ($475) VS $70 Pure Silver core CAT8...

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #776 of 4,456
Well, just chiming in...my Odin cables are continuing to burn in nicely and the mids are greatly clarifying and becoming a lot more transparent, thankfully! The mids had me worried but that congestion seems to be just evaporating.... The Odin gold and the silver have about 500 hours on them... the gold xlr about 375.
As I mentioned, these cables change drastically after enough burn-in. Which is at least at 600 hour mark. One cable not burned in will throw the whole system off. After all cables have 600 hours on them, it is time to judge what you have.

Sep 10, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #777 of 4,456
Purchased “Pure Silver CAT8 Ethernet Network Cable 40Gbps 2000MH RJ45 Patch Cord for HiFi Audio” here…Awaiting delivery / will post the results after burn-in …
This time it will be: The Original AQ Vodka CAT8 ($475) VS $70 Pure Silver core CAT8...
Lol should be an interesting comparison.

Sep 10, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #779 of 4,456
Do you have a link to this cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back