Aliexpress Cables
Oct 1, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #1,066 of 4,370
I had a highly adventurous night experimenting with combinations of the Wel Signature AC cable and Furman Flux-50 inline power filter (knockoffs) from Aliexpress. Adventurous as in educational moreso than amazing. This is all IMO / IME, so YMMV.

To my surprise, it seems the Flux-50 inline power filter is fairly picky on synergy. I got lucky on my first pairing with it at the end of the Odin Gold AC cable going into my tube amp, but for some reason the same cable pairing into my DDC (Audio-GD DI20) didn't bode well seeming too bright. Combined with any cable (both generic and aftermarket alike) into my central power conditioning unit was painfully bright and harsh. Paired with my Wireworld Aurora 7 AC cable into the DDC was a sweet spot, which oddly enough sounded darker paired with this brighter cable than when paired with the Odin Gold, which OTOH did gel well going into my tube amp. I still plan to get at least one more for the DDC.

Wel Signature AC cable. To me, this thing is built like a tank and solid as they come, but I've yet to be blow away by the sound. Firstly RE my previously mentioned episode with the battery pack overheating, turns out the jack connector wasn't fully inserted, likely causing a temporary short out. Luckily I noticed it within enough time to disconnect it and there's still good life remaining of the battery which I might add seems non-removable. It just needed an extra firm exhertion to properly secure, and now it's not getting warm, even overnight.

Initially I had the Wels cable connected directly to the power conditioner, which for me seems maybe ideal. Briefly comparisons were it may be a bit brighter than both the Wireworld Aurora 7 blue color cable and a generic black IEC cable which I fitted with a logical mixture of industrial quality external ferrite clamps; the Wels cable sounding maybe a touch brighter with possibly(?) smoother treble and (maybe?) a touch more sense of depth than both cables. The Wels cable into my tube amp was good, but the combination of Odin Gold + Flux-50 beat it hands down, injecting more body and 'color' overall, the Wels sounding a bit too transparent or colorless, and not boding well in any case with the Flux-50.

I'm not sure if it's making any improvement; will burn-in full time for 1-2 weeks and do some more comparisons.
Nice! I actually would never choose to place the Flux50 in the start of the chain(before digital) but rather on the analog part.

Did you try connect the Fux50 directly to your headamp?
-Mine is connected to my H9LE paired with a blue wireworld cable, cant remember the name. connects to iFi Powerstation.

Remember to use supporters to all those heavy cables/connectors :)

Oct 1, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #1,067 of 4,370
I had a highly adventurous night experimenting with combinations of the Wel Signature AC cable and Furman Flux-50 inline power filter (knockoffs) from Aliexpress. Adventurous as in educational moreso than amazing. This is all IMO / IME, so YMMV.

To my surprise, it seems the Flux-50 inline power filter is fairly picky on synergy. I got lucky on my first pairing with it at the end of the Odin Gold AC cable going into my tube amp, but for some reason the same cable pairing into my DDC (Audio-GD DI20) didn't bode well seeming too bright. Combined with any cable (both generic and aftermarket alike) into my central power conditioning unit was painfully bright and harsh. Paired with my Wireworld Aurora 7 AC cable into the DDC was a sweet spot, which oddly enough sounded darker paired with this brighter cable than when paired with the Odin Gold, which OTOH did gel well going into my tube amp. I still plan to get at least one more for the DDC.

Wel Signature AC cable. To me, this thing is built like a tank and solid as they come, but I've yet to be blow away by the sound. Firstly RE my previously mentioned episode with the battery pack overheating, turns out the jack connector wasn't fully inserted, likely causing a temporary short out. Luckily I noticed it within enough time to disconnect it and there's still good life remaining of the battery which I might add seems non-removable. It just needed an extra firm exhertion to properly secure, and now it's not getting warm, even overnight.

Initially I had the Wels cable connected directly to the power conditioner, which for me seems maybe ideal. Briefly comparisons were it may be a bit brighter than both the Wireworld Aurora 7 blue color cable and a generic black IEC cable which I fitted with a logical mixture of industrial quality external ferrite clamps; the Wels cable sounding maybe a touch brighter with possibly(?) smoother treble and (maybe?) a touch more sense of depth than both cables. The Wels cable into my tube amp was good, but the combination of Odin Gold + Flux-50 beat it hands down, injecting more body and 'color' overall, the Wels sounding a bit too transparent or colorless, and not boding well in any case with the Flux-50.

I'm not sure if it's making any improvement; will burn-in full time for 1-2 weeks and do some more comparisons.
I hate cable rolling but its necessary to find the best synergy between your components. Then when you get anything new, its creates a mess of trying to find the right synergy again.

The flux 50 is currently on my pc which I may keep there permanently because it seems to have a pretty strong effect there. Dammit, I regret not buying a couple of them when they were $32.

I'm sure the battery in the wels cable can be replaced, it probably uses a disc battery. Did you notice any difference with it plugged in?

Oct 1, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #1,068 of 4,370
Nice! I actually would never choose to place the Flux50 in the start of the chain(before digital) but rather on the analog part.

Did you try connect the Fux50 directly to your headamp?
-Mine is connected to my H9LE paired with a blue wireworld cable, cant remember the name. connects to iFi Powerstation.

Remember to use supporters to all those heavy cables/connectors :)
Yup, that is what I said in my post. It didn't do well in the start of my chain but on the analogue part, after the end of my Gold Odin cable into my tube amp. My plastic staple refill box had come in handy as a cable support, they definitely have some weight when combined.

I just tried the Wels cable again with/without the battery pack in realtime, and noticed absolutely 0 difference. I could revisit later after more burn-in with the cable connected directly to an amp, as it's currently at the beginning of the chain before the power conditioner.

Oct 1, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #1,069 of 4,370
Yup, that is what I said in my post. It didn't do well in the start of my chain but on the analogue part, after the end of my Gold Odin cable into my tube amp. My plastic staple refill box had come in handy as a cable support, they definitely have some weight when combined.

I just tried the Wels cable again with/without the battery pack in realtime, and noticed absolutely 0 difference. I could revisit later after more burn-in with the cable connected directly to an amp, as it's currently at the beginning of the chain before the power conditioner.
Ah sorry, what amp is that?
-Lately I have been interested in tube amp since my chain is cleaning up.

I am a little curious of what will happen if you let the Flux50 sit for 24-48hours on the DI20HE.

When all my setup has burnin for 500hours I will test them all individually like this. Using another computer and record directly into my SSL2+(from Chord TT2)
- I will make a thread and let users decide A/B.

Oct 1, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #1,070 of 4,370
@OCC7N I have a tube headphone+speaker amp from Ultrasonic Studios (link, join thread). It's a one-man show boutique amp builder in Sweden, with a bit of a waiting list. Reputable people in the hobby have reported their amps comparable to Woo Audio WA33, but with a more affordable price. Mine is a unique amp I had him custom design for me that is a hybrid between their Infinity and Odyssey models I call Finyssey, but I actually don't recommend this model, due to potential design flaws relating to the input tube circuit and a background hum. If your headphones are not very sensitive, I would recommend their model Odyssey, otherwise probably go with either Oblivion or Citadel. He's also perfecting a newly designed 300b tube amp, that are garnering rave reviews and wowing even the most seasoned veterans.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #1,072 of 4,370
The Chinese, and AQ, DBS systems use 6 each, 12 volt batteries like are used in garage door remote controls to get the 72 Volts. They look like sawed off AAAs.
My experience with real AQ Water 1m interconnects and Chinese WEL interconnects is that people say they break in immediately...
Not for me, it took weeks on the Waters, so when I got the WEL's I just let them play in a noncritical position for a couple of months...

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #1,073 of 4,370
The Chinese, and AQ, DBS systems use 6 each, 12 volt batteries like are used in garage door remote controls to get the 72 Volts. They look like sawed off AAAs.
My experience with real AQ Water 1m interconnects and Chinese WEL interconnects is that people say they break in immediately...
Not for me, it took weeks on the Waters, so when I got the WEL's I just let them play in a noncritical position for a couple of months...
Cool, did you also get knockoff Wel's like mine in this link? Did you also find it a bit bright at first, and not noticed any difference from the DBS? And how did it change after burn in? Thanks

Oct 2, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #1,074 of 4,370
Cool, did you also get knockoff Wel's like mine in this link? Did you also find it a bit bright at first, and not noticed any difference from the DBS? And how did it change after burn in? Thanks
I don't have the Chinese WEL power cord, just the single ended RCA interconnects...plus a lot of other Chinese interconnects including an Odin 2 silver...and several different flavors of power cords...I've been buying these different things from AliExpress for over 3 years now, I've just not publicized the fact...

I do have one of the 15 core "Valhalla" power cords, but right now it's plugged into a Hagerman FryCorder burn in box where I will leave it for a couple of weeks, maybe, before replacing the 12TC type power cord now on my Audible Illusions preamp.

I also have a bunch of the Finite Element clone/style footers with the optional ceramic balls

1664683344073.png

Oct 2, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #1,075 of 4,370

IME with real Audioquest or with DBS system properly implemented, it works well. Does take about 2 weeks of the DBS system in place. The batteries are replaceable and are inexpensive 12v N cells.

Oct 2, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #1,076 of 4,370
Hi again folks - now I want to try fuse rolling for my amp! :darthsmile:

Is this the most recommended type, or any other suggestions (affordably)?
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832677112249.html
(can try copy and paste URL or search item number if not opening)

I need 3 types:
- Mains: 5x20mm 3.15A, slow blow
- 5x20mm 100mA, slow blow
- 6.35mm 500V 350mA, slow blow (these 2 are for transformer power supplies)

It looks like he has 3 types. Not sure if this is the best type or which he has for the above sizes

HTB1xRRHV4naK1RjSZFtq6zC2VXaJ.jpg

Silver Alloy fuse

H9307d74b14ef4e2dbed9d198d94351d4a.jpg

Black & Red Nano Fuses made of single crystal copper alloy + single crystal silver wire and are directional

Oct 2, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #1,078 of 4,370
Hi again folks - now I want to try fuse rolling for my amp! :darthsmile:

Is this the most recommended type, or any other suggestions (affordably)?
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832677112249.html
(can try copy and paste URL or search item number if not opening)

I need 3 types:
- Mains: 5x20mm 3.15A, slow blow
- 5x20mm 100mA, slow blow
- 6.35mm 500V 350mA, slow blow (these 2 are for transformer power supplies)

It looks like he has 3 types. Not sure if this is the best type or which he has for the above sizes

HTB1xRRHV4naK1RjSZFtq6zC2VXaJ.jpg

Silver Alloy fuse

H9307d74b14ef4e2dbed9d198d94351d4a.jpg

Black & Red Nano Fuses made of single crystal copper alloy + single crystal silver wire and are directional
I read somewhere they were not directional, should I check my fuses?

Oct 2, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #1,079 of 4,370
I read somewhere they were not directional, should I check my fuses?
Its best to try listening both ways just in case.

Oct 2, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #1,080 of 4,370
Has anyone tried Odin ethernet RJ45 cables?
I have it and it works well. I also tested this cable for comparison and its not as good as the odin.

AMPCOM S/FTP CAT8 Ethernet Cable, High Speed 24AWG Patch Cable

If you're swapping out from a cheap included in the box ethernet cable, it should make a significant improvement. For me it improved streaming audio quality. Streaming video also, youtube and netflix look slightly better after I swapped in the odin ethernet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back