Aliexpress Cables
Oct 4, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #1,096 of 4,370
Hey all, I have been using the knock off Nordost Odin Gold power cables and xlr cables for a couple months now and have been more than satisfied. However, after adding the knock off Furutech Flux-50 in front of my genuine Furutech TP80 and enjoying the difference I am wondering if anybody has tried the knock off Furutech nano flux power cables or speaker cables.
Find an item you like and send a message to the seller on AliExpress for any requests. I got mine from seller Getwire and seems legit.

Oct 4, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #1,097 of 4,370
Most fuse makers state the fuse will sound better applied from live to neutral according to the arrow. Does not make much sense but they do mention this....
I own a SR Orange fuse - amongst others - and I can definitely attest that fuses are directional and sound VERY different depending on orientation. It sounds crazy but it’s true. The wrong direction with the Orange fuse sounds flat and lifeless.

Oct 4, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #1,098 of 4,370
Interesting note on the fuse page:

Suggestion:
●Fuse replacement Note 1: The audio fuse is not selected according to the original current rating of the equipment, but is one level larger than the original (original use 1A, should choose 1.6A).

Am I use the wrong fuse for the DAC and power conditioner?

Oct 4, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #1,099 of 4,370
Interesting note on the fuse page:

Suggestion:
●Fuse replacement Note 1: The audio fuse is not selected according to the original current rating of the equipment, but is one level larger than the original (original use 1A, should choose 1.6A).

Am I use the wrong fuse for the DAC and power conditioner?
Not sure about the power conditioner but the ares ii uses T2A which is 2amp slow blow.

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,100 of 4,370
My WEL Signature Solid PSS CARBON-BASED 72V DBS HIFI EU AC Audiophile Power cable 1.8M arrived today.
From seller AUDIOSON store search for item 2251832811530567. You can request different power plug types by messaging there.

Could @Crypt Keeper or someone explain the function of the external component and the 2.5mm connector? It looks like an external battery pack and / or tester. Thanks!

Yes, like @cdacosta mentioned this battery pack keeps the cable’s dielectric constant... The bettery is cheap and could be replaced. Also, you can get brand new DBS unit on Ali for like $ 17 (It should never get hot/ that green led is to test the bettery only) ... I own a few Wels now and really like it (Not the DBS or appearance, but I've seen what's inside) Really good wire for the price ... I would say give it about 2 weeks for the burn-in...

I think it's: Odin2<Wel<AQ Dragon (source/ current)< Siltech trpl crown

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #1,101 of 4,370
Oct 4, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,102 of 4,370
I don't have the Chinese WEL power cord, just the single ended RCA interconnects...plus a lot of other Chinese interconnects including an Odin 2 silver...and several different flavors of power cords...I've been buying these different things from AliExpress for over 3 years now, I've just not publicized the fact...

I do have one of the 15 core "Valhalla" power cords, but right now it's plugged into a Hagerman FryCorder burn in box where I will leave it for a couple of weeks, maybe, before replacing the 12TC type power cord now on my Audible Illusions preamp.

I also have a bunch of the Finite Element clone/style footers with the optional ceramic balls

1664683344073.png
Is this Hagerman FryCorder burn in box really worth it ? Is it good ? / your experience using this box compared to the "traditional burn-in" process ?
Thanks

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #1,103 of 4,370
Nice ! I'm not into the fiber yet, but there is a set-up (not cheap at all) available for my Etherregen as well ...
Yeah I always confuse that(Uptone) with Sonore. Are they same company?

They were actually what triggered my cheap attempt

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #1,104 of 4,370
Hi again folks - now I want to try fuse rolling for my amp! :darthsmile:

Is this the most recommended type, or any other suggestions (affordably)?
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832677112249.html
(can try copy and paste URL or search item number if not opening)

I need 3 types:
- Mains: 5x20mm 3.15A, slow blow
- 5x20mm 100mA, slow blow
- 6.35mm 500V 350mA, slow blow (these 2 are for transformer power supplies)

It looks like he has 3 types. Not sure if this is the best type or which he has for the above sizes

HTB1xRRHV4naK1RjSZFtq6zC2VXaJ.jpg

Silver Alloy fuse

H9307d74b14ef4e2dbed9d198d94351d4a.jpg

Black & Red Nano Fuses made of single crystal copper alloy + single crystal silver wire and are directional
I like the red ( for the price) Also they have this Blue/ mineral oil fuse (around $80) , but The Synergistic research purple fuse ($200) beats them all...
BTW, SR purples should be on sale (Buy 2 get 1 free) in December again...

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #1,105 of 4,370
I figure i can't go wrong with the streamer. When power draw is small and steady, filtering normally works well. I will either use it on the clock or the streamer. Most likely the streamer.

As for other knock-offs, one expensive one is the Dragon cord. But it works so very well on my Audio-gd Master-3.
Agree... The Dragon (source/current) is the best AC cable (price wise) I was able to find on Ali...

Oct 4, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #1,106 of 4,370
I like the red ( for the price) Also they have this Blue/ mineral oil fuse (around $80) , but The Synergistic research purple fuse ($200) beats them all...
BTW, SR purples should be on sale (Buy 2 get 1 free) in December again...
Actually whole month of October. :)

Oct 4, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #1,110 of 4,370
I have not tried the Sonore, but IMHO Etherregen with a clock is the best...
I saw the clock crystal. How low is the ppb?

I ordered the spdif2 which should have a better clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back