Aliexpress Cables
Sep 28, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #1,036 of 4,422
I'm really at a loss with this power conditioner (bic500) and my AresII dac...when I plug the dac in with standard power cable it works, when I use one of the Odin2 cables it blows the fuse on the bic500...I ordered a voltmeter off Amazon, it should be delivered today, but I'm not exactly sure what I am checking for... When I listen to the DAC with normal cord plugged into the bic500 it does not sound as good as the Odin2 plugged into the wall/ So right now I'm using a $750 power conditioner for my $400 amp.... I've emailed Alvin a few times and latley he is not responding....getting pissed. I have not tried the odin gold, tho, I guess I'll try that tonight. I have 4 fuses left....
I don’t know… it’s weird. Could it be that the Odin cables have so little resistance that the inrush current blows the fuse? Seems doubtful but, if the cables were faulty, they would blow ALL fuses!

Sep 28, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #1,037 of 4,422
I don’t know… it’s weird. Could it be that the Odin cables have so little resistance that the inrush current blows the fuse? Seems doubtful but, if the cables were faulty, they would blow ALL fuses!
Yes thats what I thought...current spike.

Sep 28, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #1,038 of 4,422
Yes thats what I thought...current spike.
Now Im getting nervous of how low the resistant should be for a interconnect XLR. My cable spec is:
  • Resistance: 38 Ohms/km (yes, per km!)
  • Capacitance: 77 pF/meter
  • Nominal impedance: 75 Ohms @ 1 Mhz
  • Propagation velocity: 0.66c (the 66% of the speed of light
How should the ohms be in XLR interconnects?

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #1,039 of 4,422
Well, I just got home and as a lark, tried the Odin2 GOLD power cable I have (the one I spent $230 on!) into the AresII and it worked! The fuse on the power conditioner didn't blow... great so I put back in the audiophile fuse and its fine. But now with the Gold on the DAC, and the DAC plugged into the PC, the whole upper end seems transformed. Got that slightly euphonic glow, and the microdetails and contrast in the cymbal crashes are really great. Sounds different I'm still processing it. Much greater impact and dynamics and a tighter low end...

Allso I noticed the Odin2 USB cable is on sale for $25, its a good buy normaly its like $50 And thats for a 1.5M.

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #1,040 of 4,422
Well, I just got home and as a lark, tried the Odin2 GOLD power cable I have (the one I spent $230 on!) into the AresII and it worked! The fuse on the power conditioner didn't blow... great so I put back in the audiophile fuse and its fine. But now with the Gold on the DAC, and the DAC plugged into the PC, the whole upper end seems transformed. Got that slightly euphonic glow, and the microdetails and contrast in the cymbal crashes are really great. Sounds different I'm still processing it. Much greater impact and dynamics and a tighter low end...

Allso I noticed the Odin2 USB cable is on sale for $25, its a good buy normaly its like $50 And thats for a 1.5M.

Ok I am a little confused are you talking about two Odin2 cable. Gold and no Gold cable?

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #1,041 of 4,422
Ok I am a little confused are you talking about two Odin2 cable. Gold and no Gold cable?
I have 3 Silver and 1 Gold. 1 silver on PC (source) 1 on amp, 1 on power conditioner and the gold on the dac

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #1,042 of 4,422
I have 3 Silver and 1 Gold. 1 silver on PC (source) 1 on amp, 1 on power conditioner and the gold on the dac
But did you do any troubleshoot on the cable you think that is defect?

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #1,043 of 4,422
But did you do any troubleshoot on the cable you think that is defect?
I got a digital volt meter today, but I havent yet I'm drinking beer ATM and listening to music...tomorrow I get a polarity checker for the outlets too...but I have not looked at it yet. The silver works on the PC and the amp, so I dont know why it would blow the fuse, unless the gold has more resistance and less of a current spike? That was my initial hunch when I tried it, any way...

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #1,044 of 4,422
Just plugged this sugar daddy in between my Gold Odin and tube amp - INSTANT SATISFACTION!!! It's just the sound I hoped it could be and more. My system is so resolving now that in fact I didn't even suppose things could have sounded so damn aplomb, like I've just stepped into a very top system at Can Jam! Especially since I already have a Furman IT REF-15i power conditioner (worth $3K) powering my system. I dunno how clean power can make such a huge difference, but this thing is just flawless on my system at least. There's a few other places it could serve in my system, but I'm thrilled with the placement after the Gold Odin cable, like it's a natural extension. Whipped those dynamics into shape, polished the treble and fleshed out the mids somewhat.

Seller was Moonsaudio Store, $85 for 30cm length.
flux-50-.jpg
Furman Flux-50 knockoff
I was lazy to take a photo but the item photo is precisely what I received.
Wow. I'm gonna have to try this. Does that store offer free return facilities?
And, has anyone here tried it into a conventional loudspeaker based system?
I was soooo sure this Chinese copy was just a cosmetic accessory that does absolutely nothing, reading from already two people here that it actually WORKS is mind blowing.

Sep 29, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #1,045 of 4,422
Wow. I'm gonna have to try this. Does that store offer free return facilities?
And, has anyone here tried it into a conventional loudspeaker based system?
I was soooo sure this Chinese copy was just a cosmetic accessory that does absolutely nothing, reading from already two people here that it actually WORKS is mind blowing.
Thats what I assumed as well but its definitely doing something. I don't know whats in that thick connector, I'm gonna guess rainbows and unicorn droppings.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251...2rSnokN&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

They have a free return for any reason option.

Sep 29, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #1,046 of 4,422
Sep 29, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #1,047 of 4,422
Anyone in Australia using the Aliexpress Flux 50 ? any wiring differences required for AUD?
These are definitely universal. Mine is actually rated at max 250 volts with 120v here. So as long as your voltage is below that threshold, it's just fine. If you are on earth, the answer is yes. :wink:

I plan on getting one for almost all of my cables, when I can. Also I would advise if you don't like it where you have it the first time, try it elsewhere on your system. My concept is that even though I have a main power conditioner, it is still helping out in the way of multistage filtering AKA individually for each item thereby reducing crosstalk between components.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #1,048 of 4,422
My WEL Signature Solid PSS CARBON-BASED 72V DBS HIFI EU AC Audiophile Power cable 1.8M arrived today.
From seller AUDIOSON store search for item 2251832811530567. You can request different power plug types by messaging there.

Could @Crypt Keeper or someone explain the function of the external component and the 2.5mm connector? It looks like an external battery pack and / or tester. Thanks!

20220929_123325.jpg

Sep 29, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #1,049 of 4,422
My WEL Signature Solid PSS CARBON-BASED 72V DBS HIFI EU AC Audiophile Power cable 1.8M arrived today.
From seller AUDIOSON store search for item 2251832811530567. You can request different power plug types by messaging there.

Could @Crypt Keeper or someone explain the function of the external component and the 2.5mm connector? It looks like an external battery pack and / or tester. Thanks!

20220929_123325.jpg
I think the battery is “absorbing” noise. Its connected to earth/ground if I remember correctly. Might be more complex, but battery is usually because of less noise/distortion.

Like a DAC with builtin battery

Sep 29, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #1,050 of 4,422
I think the battery is “absorbing” noise. Its connected to earth/ground if I remember correctly. Might be more complex, but battery is usually because of less noise/distortion.

Like a DAC with builtin battery
The cable plugs in the unit which should have a battery installed ,it then should can be attached using Velcro to the power cable.When switched on the led lights up and should improve the FR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back