Alessandro MS1 + Total Bithead or MS2i
Feb 21, 2007 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Benco

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I just sold my SR-80, and am looking to upgrade.
I just bought a Total Bithead, but have only used it briefly, but can hear a difference and really liked what it did to my SR-80s while I had them.

What would be better? A MS1 with the Bithead, or a MS2i unamped.?

My reasoning is that I got ~$80 for my SR-80, and the Bithead was ~$150, so if I combined the two, I would have enough for a used MS2, or be close enough to pitch in the rest to make the jump.

I listen to alot of Folk, Acoustic, and Rock music. Any help would be appreciated!

Feb 21, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 28
I have the ms1's, they're real easy to drive and don't need an amp to sound great. I think it would be better to get the ms2's now, and if down the line you want to upgrade you can get an amp, rather than get a new set of headphones. This being said I have never used the ms2's and this is purely speculation.

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #5 of 28
MS2i, it's gonna be cheaper in the long run.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:41 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just get the MS2i- the bithead isn't a good match with Grados anyways, in my opinion.

Really ? anybody else feel the same ?

I'am about to buy a bithead for my Grado sr60
frown.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 10:15 AM Post #9 of 28
In my experience the 325i was a fantastic match with the Bithead, but it matched horribly with the RS-1.

Feb 21, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my experience the 325i was a fantastic match with the Bithead, but it matched horribly with the RS-1.

And with sr-60
confused.gif
confused.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by lerio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And with sr-60
confused.gif
confused.gif

I had the SR-60 briefly, but I can't remember exactly how I felt when I plugged it into the Bithead. It couldn't have been objectionable, but amping the SR-60 really didn't do much anyway.

Feb 21, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the SR-60 briefly, but I can't remember exactly how I felt when I plugged it into the Bithead. It couldn't have been objectionable, but amping the SR-60 really didn't do much anyway.

If i want to buy Bithead it's not for his Amp function but rather for his DAC function wiht my PC, and it's what "Thelonious Monk" said above who make me asking about that "just get the MS2i- the bithead isn't a good match with Grados anyways, in my opinion"

Some Amp/DAC match better then other for Grado ?
blink.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i ran my sr225's through a total bit head (high gain on) and i loved the way they sounded.

very punchy and i really enjoyed that

Yea so you goes on what i thought first, a good Amp is good for a good headphone, no need particular Amp for specific headphone
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #15 of 28
If you're coming out of a stock laptop card, a bithead or headphonia or maybe echo indigo would IMO be a necessary step before bothering the get the MS-2. If it was a desktop computer, you might get away with a cheaper soundcard and no amp if your headphones are sensitive like a Grado. Why not think long term of getting an MS-1 and bithead now, and then slowly saving up to where you can sell the MS-1 and move up to the MS-2i?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back