Alessandro MS1 Recommendations?
Jul 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pandemic187

New Head-Fier
Hey all.

I've only posted here a few times, but since this site was where I got my recommendation to buy the MS1 in the first place, so I figured I'd come back. I searched around and didn't see anyone address this, so I made a new thread about it.

I have had the MS1 for a few years now, and I love it. The sound is great - perfect for the type of music I listed to. But I've had a lot of trouble with the durability. I don't know the exact terminology, but the part that connects the headband to the plastic block keeps detaching. I got it repaired twice, but now, it has happened a third time. Is there anything that can be done to stop this from happening, and maybe repair it myself? Unfortunately, though, the clyndrical piece of metal that connects to the phone also came loose, so I'm not sure I can repair it.

Another question is whether there are any phones out there that have very similar sound but are more durable. Like I said, I love the MS1, but I'm just not sure it is durable enough for me.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 2
J-B Weld is some amazingly strong epoxy.  Mix it 50-50 and use it to glue whatever you need to:

http://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-8265-S-Cold/dp/B0006O1ICE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343155321&sr=8-1&keywords=j+weld

I own the MS-1 as well,  nothing has broken just yet, but i also love the sound.   Try the epoxy first, even if you have to glue things that once moved into a permanent position.  Just make sure to get it measured for comfort first.  First application use just enough to hold the parts together, and use laundry pins rubber bands to hold their position.  Afterword, if you feel they need more to bolter the strength, apply it on top.  This route is much cheaper than replacing the headphones, and i assume the sound is doing just fine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back