Alessandro MS1 And Bassy Music
Jul 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Flameo

New Head-Fier
Well first of all I'm new, so hello.

Anyway, I ordered the MS1 around 8 days ago so I'm just waiting for them to arrive. I listen to a lot of Punk and Metal and I hear Grado are good for that kinda music, though being from the UK, they're priced pretty ridiculously here. But at the same time, I listen to a lot of music like Ambient, Triphop and Downtempo. So I'm wondering what these would sound like bass-wise.

So yea, I'd appreciate if if someone with these headphones could tell me. And just to give you an example of the amount of bass I'm talking about:

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 8
Wow, this sounds pretty good!

Bass is impactful yet remaining clean, obviously the treble is pretty forward since they're Grados, I'm trying with my HD580's and I could fall asleep to this, but the clarity and detail and punchiness of the bass, while being less in sheer quantity, is much tighter on the Grado cans and I get a lot of nice bright treble that I like.

Hopefully you'll like them, this sounded good to me, but everybody is different. I wish more people did these kind of threads.

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #3 of 8
Sounds pretty good to me off the headphone out of a crappy laptop with a woodied MS1. The HFI780 loads better. Good sounding tune also!

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 8
Glad to hear, and thanks for replying.

I heard a lot that the bass isn't all that big on the MS1, but I was still curious if it'd sound alright on music that has bass, but not a massive amount.

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 8
Welcome to Head-Fi btw
Let us know how you like them when they arrive.

Sorry about your wallet (I'll figure this one out later)

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks.

The headphones finally arrived this morning. Initially was a little worried with how much sound would leak out, but it's a LOT less than I was expecting. As for quality, maybe it's just because these are the really first high quality headphones I've bought, but I'm pretty blown away by the sound of these. All of my guitar/drum orientated music sounds amazing, and even the bass I heard a few things about sounds great compared to my last headphones which were the HD202. These have a really sweet punchy feeling to the bass whereas the HD202 were kind of deep and muddy sounding.

As for comfort, it's 8pm and I've had them on for most of the day. So needless to say I'm not having any problems that I read about the headband yet.

The only problem I did have was really just the delivery itself. It took quite a while which I don't mind too much, but I had to pay £20 customs charges and they were delivered by a company different than what they said in the Email. So overall it came up to the same price as the headphones I wanted to buy before finding out about the MS1. Which were the SR60's.

So... Yeah, I'm very glad I chose to spend more money than I usually do on headphones for once.
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 8
That's great news Flameo. Glado to know you like them. With more burn in they will open up a bit more and your brain sinks into the sound signature you'll probably learn to appreciate them more. I've no way to compare the MS1 vs SR60 as I only listened briefly to the later, but I think you made a better deal getting the Alessandros.

My woodied MS1 says hello
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #8 of 8
Used to own the MS-1s, fun little cans.  Amplification greatly helps the bass on these.  Don't, however, expect the MS-1s to get as deep as other cans such as DT770s, HD650s, etc.  They WILL be more impactful though.

Also, consider ordering the bowl pads if you ever get bored with them.....these pads won't have as much bass as the comfies, however, the detail will be better as well as the soundstaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back