Alessandro MS-1i
Apr 15, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by okthxbye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But when ordering from the Netherlands that will cost me around $70! That's almost the price of a new pair of MS-1i's
confused_face.gif
Are they really worth that kind of money?

They are better than bowls. For MS1's I would get HD414 pads quarter cut but not reversed. Save the flats for when you upgrade to MS-Pros.

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #32 of 48
Hm, I emailed HifiHeadphones and got this response:
Quote:

Hi Rens,
Many thanks for your email. The product you're looking at is probably best described as a mini-bowl - they're the smaller of the two bowl shapes.

I hope this helps, please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

Jon

So there are two types of bowl pads? Which ones are better?

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrywild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Royal Mail will drop you a letter saying we cant deliver until you pay it. Pay online or at post office. I just walked down my road and paid it at the post office, where they were holding the package so didn't have to wait
biggrin.gif

Lol I'm waiting for the stupid letter. It didn't come this morning so prob will have to wait til tomorrow. Obviously gonna go collect it. I'm dying of waiting. Ahhh!

Apr 15, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by okthxbye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So there are two types of bowl pads? Which ones are better?

The "L-Cush" (Large Cushion) pads are the normal size bowls. The Jumbo bowls come with the GS-1000 headphones, and are VERY large. Most people who try them with the lower Alles/Grado phones do not like the combination -- too much air for the drivers to fill.

The flat comfy pads muddy the MS-1i sound, IMO. I use the L-Cush bowls with my MS-1i, but I also use some plastic extensions that set the cup/grills away from me ear a bit. See the MS-100 link in my sig line.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noobiiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol I'm waiting for the stupid letter. It didn't come this morning so prob will have to wait til tomorrow. Obviously gonna go collect it. I'm dying of waiting. Ahhh!

Are they out of customs yet? Mine were in customs for like 2 weeks...
frown.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #36 of 48
I ordered a MS1i and I'm in the US. I ordered & paid on a Sunday (so effectively Alessandro got the order on Monday) and the package was at my doorstep on the following Friday :) No comments on the 'phones themselves since I haven't listened, but I just wanted to comment on my ordering experience since it seems like a few people have had questions about the delay between ordering & receipt.

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #38 of 48
Yeah I got mine sooner than I thought I would. I didn't enjoy the sound but after 20-30 hours of burn in they sound pretty good. I even dropped them accendentally haha and they still work fine. I'm just scared of turning the cups to many times and snapping the inside cable.

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #39 of 48
I bought my MS1s probably four or five years ago, and I recall the shipping was very fast.

Sorry if this is unrelated somewhat, but after owning them for so long, I'm finding they're falling apart. I used some gorilla glue to resecure the headband to the part that holds the plastic part it enters (the part that holds the earpiece). Overall, I like these; they were my first somewhat nicer headphone. But they do feel very flimsy compared to other phones.

Jan 26, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #41 of 48
Some years ago I had the ms-1 with TTVJ flats. They were perfect with a total bithead and macbook... as long as using an open headphone was alright. We have a drunk upstairs neighbor who we have rarely confronted because... he's drunk. He's one of those always at the edge of eviction and since we're both owners, it's tougher to get him out. Police are a joke in Helsinki, if they turn up at all.

So one night he was on his balcony at 3am on a Monday night, taking a break from his one-man rave. My husband went out to our balcony, and asked him What. The guy said "I love music" and after more rambling "I hate my inner psyche." (So do we, dude.) In an effort to show him that we have that in common, to mend fences, to help him out, I gifted him my MS-1s and a pimeta amp. We explained that this was some audiophile goodness.

Some 4 years later, he never used them, never returned them, and has hurled much abuse in our direction. What a classy guy. Hey, you've lost your wife, your kid, and multiple jobs, but you got one on the neighbors! You're really an ace there sport!

Now that I'm working from home more, I find I'm missing the little guys more and more. Yesterday, I made an impulse decision and pulled the trigger on the ms1i. I wanted to get the TTVJ flats again, but his international shipping prices have skyrocketed. Over 100 bucks to ship them here now?? I think I'll experiment with ye olde Senn HD414 pads.

So joining the club as soon as they get here. It took Alessandro-Audio a while to ship them before, and they didn't answer emails, so have things improved? Guess I'll find out. :)

Edit: Yay for thread necromancy!

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #42 of 48
I ordered the MS1i's on the 18th, got an email on the 19th saying that they were shipped. Haven't received them yet. I emailed them asking if there's a tracking number or any info on how long it might take, they replied asking me a question but the response was fast, next day.. I don't expect it too be much longer.. plus I'm in Canada..

Jan 31, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #44 of 48
Got mine today :D sooooo happy!! :D They're harder to drive then my portapros. I have an E5 and it drives them fine.. my sansa fuze can drive them ok but I'm refering to my pc... my portapros were easily driven on my pc, the ms1i's not so much :p So it took a week and a half excluding weekends, from PA to NL (Canada). Pretty sweet!!

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #45 of 48
I am selling the Alessandro ms1i in aus Melbourne vic if anyone is interested Ill accept offers of around $100 they are brand new only tried out for less than 30 mins still got box and all accessories just PM me or reply on this thread.
Pick ups fine in Mordialloc area
Or I can post them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back