alessandro ms-1 vs audio technica ANC7b
Jul 1, 2010 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nehcrow

1000+ Head-Fier
my friend is going to purchase audio technica anc7b's for his birthday and as i currently own ms-1's i was wondering what are the differences between these two headphones, which of the two is more preferable?
as he can also get other audio technica's models for aroudn the same price: ad700 and ad900, is he making a wise decision?
he primarily listens to his headphones in his home where loud noises are not common and rarely listens to music outside of his home. would the noise-cancelling feature still be effective? i have heard people say it creates a unique world - seperate to the rest of the world, wouldn't normal closed headphones acheive the same effect?
thanks. :)

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 6
Honestly Noise cancelling IMO is just something that Bose was successful at marketing. It does not make a huge difference. I think the ad700's are fine, has he heard your headphones, and is he expecting them to sound like yours. Because you know the Alessandro sound is unique and nothing other than Grado comes close to the same sound.

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 6

Yeah he has heard my MS-1's, he loves the sound of em, except unfortunately he cannot purchase items online and has to buy his headphones from a store in Australia (limited range). Audio technica, Beyerdynamic, Grado (expensive, not really worth it) and Shure are only his real options.
So noise cancelling is really just all a gimmick after all?

Quote:
Honestly Noise cancelling IMO is just something that Bose was successful at marketing. It does not make a huge difference. I think the ad700's are fine, has he heard your headphones, and is he expecting them to sound like yours. Because you know the Alessandro sound is unique and nothing other than Grado comes close to the same sound.

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #4 of 6
Noise cancelling is only useful on plane flights, and even then I'd rather some IEMs.

Jul 2, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #5 of 6
It's definitely not a gimmick. I bought a pair of those ATs for my dad a couple years ago because he flies to London about once every 1.5 months and they do a much better job than my closed cans at cancelling out airplane noise. However, it doesn't seem that that is what your friend is buying them for and he should probably just opt for the AD 900s.

Jul 2, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 6
^ AD900s are a great headphone as well, if he can stretch to them, why not :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back