Alessandro MS-1 recommendations.
Dec 25, 2011 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Qwertacious

New Head-Fier
I've been lurking this website for a few days and I'm one for metal music, this being said I've been suggested headphones by Grado.
To many of you Grado is THE headphones for rock/metal music. I was looking around Amazon for the SR80i and I decided to look up review here.
Many of you said that the Alessandro MS-1 headphones were better for the same price, so I started looking for them online.
I've only been able to find them here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alessandro-Music-Series-One-1-Professional-Headphones-MSOne-Grado-Labs-NEW-/370568766102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56479ea296#ht_2894wt_1396
The description claims "This is the new and improved model released earlier this year."

[size=large]Should I grab these?[/size]

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 7

Grado On!

Just having a little Christmas taste of 'High Speed Dirt' on the SR325i from this all time classic ~ dooo it man!

Dec 25, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 7
[size=medium]NOTE: Models listed "w/ mini-plug" come with a small 1/8" plug plus the adaptor to convert to full size 1/4"[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=x-small]Music Series One w/mini original - $99.00[/size]

pixel.gif

pixel.gif
[size=x-small]Music Series One w/mini 2009 version - $109.99[/size]

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Do you know if there is a difference?

Dec 25, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #5 of 7
This is the diff between the new and old version

Left: old
Right: new (aka the 2009 version)

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 7
Anyone looking at the ms1 should also audition the jays v jays. They seem to my ears as a ms1/ grado fix. They are smaller, with more bass and less piercing treble than the ms1 but still have that great upfront energy and fun factor of the ms1. Don't let their size fool you. This is strictly an assessment of them both unmapped as the ms1 does improve with amping while the v jays sound the same amped or unmapped but for a great sounding option to run straight out of your laptop or iPod the jays are awesome.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #7 of 7
Personal preference tends towards the ms1 (especially after the mod, geese I am becoming a Sales Person!)

V jays sounded quite coloured to me, I used the HD580 (HD600) as my reference as to a balanced, uncoloured sound... And V jays while sounding good and fun it just sounds quite different

I will use it as a side kick to another more 'proper' can

p.s. they are good. I just had them compared to the ms1000, hd580, D2000, ATH-AD900 last time when I heard them. So maybe the bars were a bit high for them to shine.

Quote:
Anyone looking at the ms1 should also audition the jays v jays. They seem to my ears as a ms1/ grado fix. They are smaller, with more bass and less piercing treble than the ms1 but still have that great upfront energy and fun factor of the ms1. Don't let their size fool you. This is strictly an assessment of them both unmapped as the ms1 does improve with amping while the v jays sound the same amped or unmapped but for a great sounding option to run straight out of your laptop or iPod the jays are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back