Alessandro MS-1 (new members may want to consider reading this…)
Jan 3, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #31 of 46
Its a cool idea, after purchasing m10's for work and HD555's for home the Sens are disappointing and have thought about moving them.  The Alessandro's I debated but felt they might need an amp.

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #34 of 46

Quote:
Any differences between MS1 and SR125?

From what I have read, the MS1 is a bit less bright and a bit more laid back. Of course it still is supposed to maintain the 'Grado forwardness', however. 

Someone correct me if I am wrong. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #35 of 46

Quote:
Wow, I thought you'd be swamped with PMs. Goes towards my belief that Alessandro is largely underrated on this site.

I thought I would get a few more myself.

I will post who is getting them after I finalize the details with the recipient.  The only reason I will identify their member name is to make sure they don't try to sell them down the road...

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #38 of 46
Great idea, outside US Grados are very hard to have a listen before buying. I myself am a beginner, just a month ago Ive bought my first serious audio stuff, a dac/head amp. All the headphones I had before were meant to be used both outside as inside, Koss porta pro and Senn px200 area, ended up with akg 414p which are quite underrated headphoes. Anyways, Im lucky enough to have bought myself Ms-1i and to all the newbies out there, I am blown away with this jump, simply music rediscovered.

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #41 of 46
Congrats to who ever got them!

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #42 of 46

Quote:
Recipient has been selected.  Recipient - check your PM's...

I hope  you will have a bit fast respondance. A while ago when I was without Grado's, I would've jumped on this like hell and do everything I can for a fast going 'transaction'.

Jan 30, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #44 of 46
Argh how did I miss this?!  I would have loved to enter....I've always wanted to try a pair after reading reviews and just starting to get in to the HiFi hobby (maybe 'commitment' is a better word...).  Definitely on my list for upcoming cans when I can scratch up some funds.  Congrats to whomever got them!

Jan 30, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #45 of 46

Quote:
Argh how did I miss this?! 

Don't torture yourself - thats our job.

I've been enjoying the MS1 for many, many months now and they really are all that and a pina colada, but you will find some on HF who find anything from the Grado camp to be 'too aggressive'. Choose wisely, Luke - the ways of the Force are difficult to predict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back