Albums you absolutely have to rediscover when you get new headphones?
Jul 23, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #46 of 87
Quote:
Daft Punk - Discovery

Absolutely agreed here. That, and Cross by Justice. Basslines you did not hear before are now present and the overall sound of the music really brings any good pair of headphones to life, and vice versa.

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #47 of 87
Quote:
You'll hate the answer, but every album. Really though, Radiohead is always phenomenal with each new addition.

This. LOVE Radiohead. Try to go to every concert they do near me. Only have been to one 
frown.gif

Jul 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #48 of 87
Actually, anything Rush from Caress of Steel through Moving Pictures

Jul 23, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #50 of 87
Quote:
Did you throw that last part in just to troll us?  I only ask because it's the least SY-sounding Thurston Moore album he's done.  It IS amazeballs though.

Maybe...just maybe....
biggrin.gif

Or perhaps that is why I enjoyed it the most. I have to say just being introduced to SY, they're entire discography is impressive overall.

Jul 23, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #54 of 87
An album like that for me would be Paul Simon's Concert In The Park album from 1991. I've been hearing it all my life, but never on good audio equipment. There's a bit going in that album and I think it was recorded pretty well. Another album would be Joshua Redman's Freedom In The Groove album. Love that album.

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #55 of 87
bumpity bumpity bump bump bump

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #56 of 87

U2: All that you can't leave behind - very competent album with some real highlights and great span. Shows U2 at their best and with less to prove than other albums.

Massive Attack: Mezzanine / 100th Window / Heligoland - some of the best electronica on the planet. Insane production values. More art than music.

Depeche Mode: Songs of Faith & Devotion / Exciter / Playing the Angel - Just like Massive Attack, occasionaly more art than music and production values are through the roof. There are so many masterpieces in here, songs that may seem plain at first, but then you rediscover them, hear the details, listen to lyrics and just revel in their genius.

Pink Floyd: The Division Bell - The last great big hurrah of one of the greatest bands to ever grace the globe. Less often citet than earlier works but this shows off a more mature Pink Floyd that is technically beyond reproach. One of the best mastered albums ever - absolutely unbelivable production values. Listen to "wearing the inside out" and "high hopes" especially.

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #57 of 87
By High Hopes do you mean The Division Bell? Cuz thats the album art for The Division Bell.

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #58 of 87
The Tron Legacy Score - Daft Punk.  

That is usually the first one I go for when I try a new pair of headphones.  It's a great album to test the bass of headphones.  There are also great orchestral parts that tell me how detailed a headphone is.  

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #60 of 87
Quote:
Actually, anything Rush from Caress of Steel through Moving Pictures

Took the words out of my mouth. Moving pictures is a de facto standard and a marvel of sound production. I'll have to get the blu-ray audio they released of it here sometime. Rush's albums are very diverse and it is fun to see how they all play out through new sound equipment.

Also Prodigy's Fat of the Land believe it or not is my 2nd pic. Obviously it's a subwoofer album, but it's a HUGE challenge for headphones to get right so I always go to that and see how can preform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back