AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
Nov 20, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #1,051 of 1,544
I actually feel the n5005 is way superior to the fh7, HEY! But they can share filters! :wink: but yeah, i own both and imo the n5005 has the upper hand, the only other iem i can place it against is the ier m9

I haven't tried the M9 but tried the M7 (seems like M9 minus 1 high filter), Andro, Oriolus Gen2 and they don't quite reach N5005's potential. FH7 has great bass (that 13.6mm DD tho) , might have to try it someday ^^

Nov 20, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #1,052 of 1,544
I haven't tried the M9 but tried the M7 (seems like M9 minus 1 high filter), Andro, Oriolus Gen2 and they don't quite reach N5005's potential. FH7 has great bass (that 13.6mm DD tho) , might have to try it someday ^^

This is my opinion only

Even though m9 doesn’t have any DD, sony managed to get a sound and decay as if it had a 14mm dd in there, seriously the difference in between m9 and m7 ain’t a small gap, that’s why i place it on top of everything I’ve heard/ owned

THOUGH! I gotta ask you a big favor, check the r2 aten... fh7 has less bass than its older/ younger brother the fh5, Though when it pushes... beryllium man, such an amazing material, and seriously, the fh7 is still on my top 5 iems but the aten EATS both of em in bass, soundstage, imaging, clarity, detail and overall stuff, imo is one of the few iems i could keep and sell everything

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #1,054 of 1,544
How are these size wise?
I always struggle with larger size IEM's so I'm looking for something along the lines of the size of a RHA CL2.

Anyone with smaller ears and ear canals that finds these comfortable and is willing to share experiences?
Looking for end game small sized IEM's that may be comfortable for my small ears and tiny crooked ear canals...

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #1,055 of 1,544
How are these size wise?
I always struggle with larger size IEM's so I'm looking for something along the lines of the size of a RHA CL2.

Anyone with smaller ears and ear canals that finds these comfortable and is willing to share experiences?
Looking for end game small sized IEM's that may be comfortable for my small ears and tiny crooked ear canals...
They ain’t big. The biggest part would be the body and it ain’t bulky nor big

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #1,056 of 1,544
How are these size wise?

They are not big, especially considering they are a hybrid multi driver, but I'd never use it for jogging or doing any kind of sports, for example. For what I've heard, RHA CL2 fit like a Shure, and that's the best fit I've had.

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #1,057 of 1,544
They are not big, especially considering they are a hybrid multi driver, but I'd never use it for jogging or doing any kind of sports, for example. For what I've heard, RHA CL2 fit like a Shure, and that's the best fit I've had.
Idk why people think N5005 is large, it is pretty small for me :D Fit perfectly without any problems, might be the best fit I get from IEM aside from the DM6.

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #1,058 of 1,544
Idk why people think N5005 is large, it is pretty small for me :D Fit perfectly without any problems, might be the best fit I get from IEM aside from the DM6.
I never said it was large :) It's actually on the smaller side, but the nozzle is a bit short, so the fit is not as secure as some Shures. At least on my ears, of course.

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #1,059 of 1,544
I never said it was large :) It's actually on the smaller side, but the nozzle is a bit short, so the fit is not as secure as some Shures. At least on my ears, of course.
Ohh I misunderstood ^^ My bad. But in my local group, some states this IEM was on the larger side and it confuses me a bit :D Fit was perfect for me, I used CP100 new version.

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #1,060 of 1,544
Ohh I misunderstood ^^ My bad. But in my local group, some states this IEM was on the larger side and it confuses me a bit :D Fit was perfect for me, I used CP100 new version.
In comparison to the AKG N40 it's a bit bigger

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #1,061 of 1,544
How are these size wise?

Custom or custom ear tips may be the only way for you I'm afraid. Tried a fair few iems and none have worked well really. Got a bend in my right ear which prevents pretty much any iem from sealing properly :frowning2:

Nov 28, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #1,063 of 1,544
Nov 28, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #1,065 of 1,544
Funny, they’ve been at that price for a while
Yup lol, I clicked thought they'll be at 250$, that could have set new standard for the price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back