AKG's New Flagship IEM - N5005
May 29, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #496 of 1,541
^
With exchange rate that's reasonable as long as you don't get charged duty/customs. Otherwise best is get it discounted via Headphonebar/Headfoneshop.

May 29, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #497 of 1,541
If I had the money, I’d jump on these. They sound so detailed and the vocals are so life-like. Bass is there but it’s not the central focus.

Jun 2, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #498 of 1,541
Another review popped up in latest June 2018 issue of Hi-Fi Choice magazine. Again, very positive however there is an interesting take by the reviewer on this one. Apparently N5005 does not hold up to Sennheiser IE800S when using 3.5mm SE cable. This review states the N5005 really shines when using BT dongle. I cannot comment as I have not tried either the IE800 or the Bluetooth adapter of the AKGs. Anyway, another worthwhile read if you're into these audio magazines.

Jun 2, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #499 of 1,541
Another review popped up in latest June 2018 issue of Hi-Fi Choice magazine. Again, very positive however there is an interesting take by the reviewer on this one. Apparently N5005 does not hold up to Sennheiser IE800S when using 3.5mm SE cable. This review states the N5005 really shines when using BT dongle. I cannot comment as I have not tried either the IE800 or the Bluetooth adapter of the AKGs. Anyway, another worthwhile read if you're into these audio magazines.

Hm, thanks for the headsup. I should test this out.

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #500 of 1,541

For me I much prefer the sound signature if the N5005 over the Senns.
More detailed sound with better separation of the music. Each to their own obviously but I sold my Senns on after getting the N5005.

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #501 of 1,541
Discovered DJ Shah had a new album drop recently. Bought it and now the N5005 w/ Bass Boost filter really come to life.

IMG_0923.JPG

DAP of the Day: Hiby R6

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #503 of 1,541
^
Did you order direct from AKG or an authorized reseller?

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #505 of 1,541
I agree that the BlueTooth performance on N5005 is amazing. Obviously, the sound quality is much better when hard wired. But for my daily long commute to Manhattan, the BT capability makes N5005 a perfect portable IEMs without degrading the sound quality too much. I tested both codecs AAC (with iPhone) and aptX (with WM1Z) and found that aptX sounds slightly better to my ears. YMMV

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #506 of 1,541
I’d believe it - I personally thought my Andromedas and the K3003i were much better than the SE846 - the treble roll-off on the Shures is too severe for me. Obviously I can’t compare to the N5005 since I don’t have mine yet, but the impressions so far give me confidence that I’ll like the AKGs more. Sorry, I didn’t remember your comparison since I hadn’t been on this thread in a while - appreciate it :)
When you get yours please post on how they sound in comparison to the Andromeda. I'm currently trying to decide between the two.... Someone else has said they're very comparable, but I've really only found one direct comparison.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #508 of 1,541
When you get yours please post on how they sound in comparison to the Andromeda. I'm currently trying to decide between the two.... Someone else has said they're very comparable, but I've really only found one direct comparison.

Hi!Heard the AKG in store and compared to my Andromeda. Andromeda definitely sounds more mid centric in direct comparison. AKG sounds „peakier“ in the highs but after getting used to it very nice! Reminds me a bit of Campfire Polaris! Amount of bass is similar with both, but AKG goes deeper, imo, also sounding slightly softer, a little slower and more rumble, typical for dynamic driver bass. Not overly blown though! Works great with electronic music! For vocals and as a general allrounder, I‘d maybe pick Andromeda...

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #510 of 1,541
Local dealer can’t seem to get any stock due to shortage of n5005, strange. Took the deal from razordog, I was good for 4 months however I do want to hear how scientifically tuned IEM sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back