AKG Q701 vs Denon d2000
Aug 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #19 of 19
Looks like you're not quite ready for a purchase yet.. you should do more research. I personally found both headphones to be disappointing. 

D2000's biggest flaw was its midrange and Q701's biggest flaw was its bass. Comfort wise, I know people love the Q701's comfort but at the same time many complain about the bumps on the headband. Denons apparently have a little too much clamping force. Both headphones are relatively more comfortable than most though so I wouldn't complain. 

What genre do you listen to? That could affect what you would like better. I think most people regret less buying the D2000 over the Q701. But once again, it depends on the genre. 

Incidentally, Denons are semi-open (awful noise isolation) and Q701 are open back headphones. Q701 is a pain in the ass to drive because it not only has a semi-high impedance of 62 ohms, but it is really insensitive (unable to drive to large volumes). People talk about "high quality" bass with the Q701. Not to be a hater, but I wouldn't even call what the Q701 has to be "bass". I suppose due to its large soundstage, bass had to be somewhat sacrificed. This is a common characteristic of headphones with a overly large soundstage (AD700, AD900, HD800, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back