AKG owners unite...
Jan 29, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #346 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by colinharding /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a set of AKG 701's absolutely lovely headphone!

Same here. Only complaint is that they are too bright for me for hard rock. Every other genre I have sounds fantastic.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #347 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by abZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
N00b AKG man here. Bought the k702 for myself for christmas and I have a pair of Sextetts coming in the mail. God they must have made a crap load of those things. Seems like everyone has a pair coming. Anyway, big up the AKG crew.

Just got my Sextetts today! I think they are a later model due to the white passive drivers. They have the holes in the headband tho. All original and in decent condition considering their age. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my Vestax mixer does drive them.

Jan 30, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #348 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by rvikul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here. Only complaint is that they are too bright for me for hard rock. Every other genre I have sounds fantastic.

Hehehe...Maybe the hard rock it's to bright.
icon10.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #349 of 368
I'm on week three with a set of AKG K701's and a Grace m902. The reading of many threads here at head-fi lead to choosing this combination, and I couldn't be happier. Its been a long time since I've had headphones (other than the iPod/Etymotic combo), and these are my first quality set.

I'm listening to a Bob Marley Cd right now, and the sound of the triangle right on down through the reggae bass is fantastic!

Feb 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #351 of 368
I got my first AKG's headphone yesterday. K301-Xtra.

I never try others AKGs, but I personally think that it has a big soundstage, at least better than MS-1. Bass is there in my opinion
L3000.gif

It does make me wanted to try those high resolution K*01 series.

Feb 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #352 of 368
Welcome to the club...

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my first AKG's headphone yesterday. K301-Xtra.

I never try others AKGs, but I personally think that it has a big soundstage, at least better than MS-1. Bass is there in my opinion
L3000.gif

It does make me wanted to try those high resolution K*01 series.

Feb 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #353 of 368
I've tried the 272HD's and The 702's so IMHO the 702's, although they are "for professionsl use only" ( That's what it says on the box) are more geared for high end audiophile listening whereas the 27X series is designed for studio reference use. as that is what they are used for mostly.

The price on the 701's / 702's has dropped recently so they are now closer in price to the 2XX's. in just the recent past, it seemed more obvious which where considered better

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #354 of 368
I just got today my K701 with Cable-update from Headroom.
It's my 2nd AKG. My old K340 was destroyed by my parrot.

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #355 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried the 272HD's and The 702's so IMHO the 702's, although they are "for professionsl use only" ( That's what it says on the box) are more geared for high end audiophile listening whereas the 27X series is designed for studio reference use. as that is what they are used for mostly.

The price on the 701's / 702's has dropped recently so they are now closer in price to the 2XX's. in just the recent past, it seemed more obvious which where considered better

Yeah, price wise the difference is rather irrelevant. I imagine in terms of clarity they are roughly on par, with the 702 perhaps in the lead.

The things I am concerned about is soundstage and I suppose musical/fun presentation...I'd prefer a more musical sounding can than analytical/neutral/flat what have you.

I've read that the 501s shine in terms of soundstage and mids, which is a big plus for me.

Feb 9, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #357 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, price wise the difference is rather irrelevant. I imagine in terms of clarity they are roughly on par, with the 702 perhaps in the lead.

The things I am concerned about is soundstage and I suppose musical/fun presentation...I'd prefer a more musical sounding can than analytical/neutral/flat what have you.

I've read that the 501s shine in terms of soundstage and mids, which is a big plus for me.

Price being irrelevant:

272's studio flat reference. mixing,
501's audiophile reference, acoustics, jazz,classical
701'/702'' audiophile fun and exciting, rock, jazz, acoustics, pop

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #360 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeusWeinstein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got today my K701 with Cable-update from Headroom.
It's my 2nd AKG. My old K340 was destroyed by my parrot.

LOL!!!

My avatar (Jose) would chew a brick down in an hour. They live to taste and chew. Great pets though. What do you have?

Pearljam5000 looks like you've been busy. What are you driving those with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back