AKG K812 Pro
Jul 16, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #2,747 of 4,825
Oh my, has anyone tried pairing these headphones with a Sony PCM-M10 by any chance?  I feel like I'm finally hearing what the K812 can do.  No comparison to my iBasso DX90 although it's still burning in.  What a beautiful, full sound.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/456327/sony-pcm-m10-as-portable-player

It's like a pro gear match made in heaven.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #2,748 of 4,825
Well, I am glad you had some fun.

1Quote:
  It's kind of funny for me to read something like that. The Akg K812 are made out of metal and the K702 ouf of cheep plastic. Of course they're heavier. There is no doubt for me that if the Akg k812 were made of the same material as K702  there would be a lot of people complaining: "1500 dollars headphones and cheap plastic? No way I'm going to buy it." Just read one of the old threads about Hd800. There were a lot of people like that.
And by the way I really like the cable and the new adjustment design is much better- there is no need to buy those rubber things anymore. You adjust it only one time and forever.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #2,749 of 4,825
Hey guys maybe some one can help me here . Today I noticed some glue on my right ear on k812. Where the cable is but on top. Before removing it I did a photo.

After removing the glue I see there something like a hole .
Question: I don't know if there was something important, Maybe some protection ? Can someone please upload a photo on his k812 pair in the same place so I can see what should be there?
Many thanks

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #2,750 of 4,825
bummer. sorry to see that guys. tyll identified a potential design flaw in his review. wonder if it's the cause of these problems.

I read Tyll's review when first published, and I think that is exactly the problem.

Huh. Damn, don't really like being right about this one...but it did seem like a sketchy solution when I looked at it.

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #2,751 of 4,825
Sorry for being drag . I just in panic. i did better photos, tell me please if this is ok and your k812 have the same look?
That was when i noticed this glue

Then I carefully removed glue and now it looks like this

Is that normal? May be there was some cover for protection that i lost and didn't noticed? can you guys check if your k812s looks the same?

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #2,752 of 4,825
rest assured Beniamin that that plastic thing seems to be from a different source. Here is a photo:
NGFkWZ4.jpg

However, if you notice in this picture:
J3H8VjF.jpg

There is a white rubber glue that is placed between the screw and the metal wire. I think that holds the metal wire and screw together but I could be wrong.

A little advice for other current K812 owners, to put the headphones on and re-adjust to your ear, do not touch the ear-drives, use the frame to place the headphone on and adjust from there if you haven't been doing that. A bit of an insurance to make sure that nothing breaks or falls apart like some other owners have experience.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #2,753 of 4,825
really shouldn't have to baby pro audio gear. but then again recording studio cans are usually tough and kinda cheap coz they cop a lot of abuse.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #2,755 of 4,825
On the "sweet" side of this "bitter-sweet" saga, I finally had a chance to run the K812 with the EVS-modded Sony BDP-S780 and the Lehmann BCL [gain set to 0].
The match is superb.  Just a big, wide open, transparent and detailed rendering of the music.  All genres that I have tried are handled well.  Bass goes deep--just as deep as it needs to go to extract all the bass that is there--remains thick and full ALL the way down.  
The AKG K812 are the best dynamic headphones I have heard so far.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #2,756 of 4,825
Here's a small update on my failed K812. I have called their Service Dept person in Northridge Calif 2 times now, and have left detailed messages both times. No response. They were recieved by AKG more than a week ago, with a detailed letter and all my contact info. Their customer service is worse than the quality issues.

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #2,758 of 4,825
Here's a small update on my failed K812. I have called their Service Dept person in Northridge Calif 2 times now, and have left detailed messages both times. No response. They were recieved by AKG more than a week ago, with a detailed letter and all my contact info. Their customer service is worse than the quality issues.

Keep on top of them.

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #2,759 of 4,825
strange, i sent my first pair to the same location. Called them once after 2 weeks and spoke to a guy name hector hernandez and he gave me a very short update on my hp.

Try calling early in the morning like right when they open (I believe they open calls at 8am or 9am) were the both times I manage to speak to someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back